Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
89 Panther here we go >

89 Panther here we go

Notices

89 Panther here we go

Old 12-17-2009, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JetJock
Can you get some pics of the Vice 38KV ?

I was talking to a friend that has some pics of that boat. The name was the Lady Vice. As soon as he gives them to me I will post them. But it has been a few years since he has seen it. It was kept at the comadores club in cleveland but even that place was torn down 2 years ago.I think.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Registered

Good luck on your project! Trust me I can relate
Old 12-21-2009, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by scottie150
Good luck on your project! Trust me I can relate
Thanks I just read most of your post. You did a great job I think it looks awesome.
Hey where did you get the switch panels or did you make them?
Old 12-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by donnawanna
Thanks I just read most of your post. You did a great job I think it looks awesome.
Hey where did you get the switch panels or did you make them?
Eddie marine for the switch panels- Scott
Old 01-14-2010, 08:21 AM

Well I should have named this the project from hell but scottie 150 already claimed it.
I was wrong when I said the stringers were dry I tore out the bulk head in the rear I found the stringers that run next to the tank were rotted. I know I posted that the stringers were good but that was where I could get to them. So now I have removed the tank and started to remove most of the floor so I can check out the rest of the boat.
I don't see any way to remove the inner liner with out removing the deck so In the cockpit area I am replacing the floor and bonding it to the liner. now in the cabin the bulk head under the helm is wet but not rotted and I plan to replace it also. I plan on removing the the floor and the what I call tub in the cabin all the way up to the bulk head in the mid cabin so I can replace the stringers that run either side of the walkway in the cabin.
Now I spent some time with a small angle drill and the outside stringers in the cabin and the foreward bulkhead are dry and all but one foot by the helm bulkhead the inner stringers are as dry as can be.
I have question for you experts? I measured the cockpit area stringers and they measure more then eight feet long and only 1/2 thick plywood how do I replace them without having a joint in the plywood? and if there is a joint there is it ok to only replace whats bad on the inside stringers in the cabin that only have 1 or 2 foot that are bad? or should I just replace the whole stringer?
now for the good news the tank does not leak even under pressure. And with all the conversation about blue printing the bottom I checked mine with a streight edge and it is as streight as can be. Along time ago someone took some time and did some work on this boat and it probably was pretty fast. With the drives raised 3" and the bottom reworked and holes cut for blowers in the hatches seems it might have ran pretty good.
Attached Thumbnails 89 Panther here we go-bad-baby-033.jpg   89 Panther here we go-bad-baby-044.jpg  
Old 04-27-2010, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

do you have any updates
Old 04-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Registered

Bump, we want an update
Old 05-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Go for it!! Take your time, do it right and it will be a boat that you will want to keep for a long time.
I'm actually starting to look for a "project" myself. A Panther would work for me.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by TomR
Go for it!! Take your time, do it right and it will be a boat that you will want to keep for a long time.
I'm actually starting to look for a "project" myself. A Panther would work for me.
That's what I am hoping for
I had to take some time off the boat a job change and had to move the boat to another place to work on it.
I'm staring to work on it again and can't wait to start glassing it back together. I have most of the wood and glass to get started.
I went with epoxy resin from us composites and all marine plywood 2- 3/4 sheets for the transome and 2- 1/2 sheets laminated for all the stringers and bulk heads.
here is some pics. when I stopped working on it.
Attached Thumbnails 89 Panther here we go-bad-baby-045.jpg   89 Panther here we go-bad-baby-060.jpg   89 Panther here we go-bad-baby-046.jpg  

Old 06-12-2010, 10:24 AM

I will post more pics. soon.
the goal this summer is to do all the glass work, blue print the hull and gel the whole boat.
( like the song says high hopes) ha ha.
I don't know if I am crazy or just stupid but When I get the time I am haveing fun doing this project other then the itch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.