Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
2002 Scarab 33' AVS with twin 496 >

2002 Scarab 33' AVS with twin 496

Notices

2002 Scarab 33' AVS with twin 496

Old 12-31-2010, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Just my $50.,but I would not trade the boat in under any circumstance !!! You NEVER make out on the deal doing that !I sold boats for a while and have yet to see someone make out on a deal trading in......... That said ,I know that may sound like a tough pill to swallow but in the end you will make out better. A cash position is always better in the end.
And in this economy you might find a really great deal out there.......Dont be in any rush to do anything but try and sell your boat ! If it takes 6 months so be it !

Good Luck

Jim

Last edited by cigboat1; 12-31-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:01 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cigboat1
Just my $50.,but I would not trade the boat in under any circumstance !!! You NEVER make out on the deal doing that !I sold boats for a while and have yet to see someone make out on a deal trading in......... That said ,I know that may sound like a tough pill to swallow but in the end you will make out better. A cash position is always better in the end.
And in this economy you might find a really great deal out there.......Dont be in any rush to do anything but try and sell your boat ! If it takes 6 months so be it !

Good Luck

Jim
I agree with you in principle. Generally dealerships offer you an inflated trade value on your boat and make up for it on the other end, or roll some other "costs" into your purchase that negate the high trade-in value. That said, if you're really getting $75K in ACV in the deal, I really don't see you being able to get that on the open market.

I'm always looking for a great deal and I'll buy virtually anything for the right price in the 28-33' range, and no offense, but there's no way in hell that I would pay $75k for an '02 33' Scarab with 496's.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:53 AM
scarab
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

last year a 2002 33 foot avs scarab sold for 59,000 and it had the 496's and it had 239 hours on it