Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
Should I upgrade trim tabs on my 86 panther? >

Should I upgrade trim tabs on my 86 panther?

Notices

Should I upgrade trim tabs on my 86 panther?

Old 02-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I upgrade trim tabs on my 86 panther?

I'm gutting the boat and will probably end up getting the transom rebuilt with a composite setup, and then any possibly stringer repair that may pop up. Survey said it was solid, but I think for peace of mind I would rather just have the transom redone after all the stories of rotted 80s boat transsom.

I have a feeling the trim tabs were already upgraded. I believe they are k planes. I know they run seperate pumps, single ram, and my transom looks to have had a patch near them at some point. I wish I was home or I would go check, but I dont think they are bently. I'll have to double check when I get home, but I wanna ask now since I am having the transom done if I should upgrade to somnething else, or larger.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I am doing the same thing, well have done the same thing, if you have bennett tabs i would put k planes on them but do not do it with out the indicators, is yours a trs drive boat? I have converted mine to bravo ones.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I have trs, I cant see bravo being a upgrade. I am planning on either going to konrad 540s or ameson, if I can find a nice used set next year. '
'
I do have indicators. I'll have the gf snap a pic of them when she gets back from vegas so she can refresh my memory. Too much booze since last time I looked at them.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Depends on what you consider an upgrade anything that you do to the boat that increases speed is an upgrade in my eyes. Bravo's are shorter which makes the x dimension higher so it is faster. The center of gravity changes so it does not porpoise. I had trs with 420's in it and it rode horrible the x dimension was barried and barrely did 60mph. The -2 konrads would work and surface drives would be awesome i would imagine.