29 scarab question? >

29 scarab question?

Notices

29 scarab question?

Old 04-11-2014, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 29 scarab question?

I've owned this boat for two years now and I'm redoing my motor and it's almost ready, and it's going to put out a few more pony's about 550-575! So I just had a new transom installed, new stringers and the out drive gone threw, I will be adding hydraulic steering and k-plans just not right now one thing at a time lol!

So my question is, will the boat handle/be alright with the factory steering tell I can upgrade, and be safe? You guys with These boats know they handle really well, as is but with the added hp I'm wondering? Not sure how many mph I will pick up! But I do want the boat to be like before and handle good! But it would also be nice if the boat could start clipping 70s!

What's you guys thoughts and opinions on this boat, with more hp? I know a few has done it!
Old 04-14-2014, 12:38 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 345 Posts
Thumbs up Great resto.

Wouldn't run a single without K-planes. What drive do you have Mike, was it a -2" shorty? Since you'll be about 70 mph I'd say dual ram steering is essential too. Safety is always imperative. Glad you kept the boat and turning her into a keeper.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:49 AM
Registered

No, I don't have a -2" shorty but wish I did! (But it's coming too) The k-planes I will be buying but after I do the full hyd. Set up! It has just the stock cheap tabs on it now! I just don't want to have any issues driving it tell I can get the hyd. This thing has been killing me with this nickel and dime s***! Lol but that's part of it!!
Old 04-14-2014, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 345 Posts

The beauty of it all is that you already value what you've got. It will be running like an arrow soon I'm sure. Happy boating Mike.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:29 PM
Registered

Thanks bud! And you too on the happy boating!!