parting out '86 panther >

parting out '86 panther

Notices

parting out '86 panther

Old 08-14-2014, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parting out '86 panther

Well, due to my losing my shop space, and moving last month, I unfortunately have to part with my panther project. Boat is pretty much completely stripped down, and mostly sanded, as I was going for a complete re-paint. It is a 420/trs boat, with fresh motors built by Thayer engine in bowling green, ohio, and fresh drives with nose cones built by Dubbert's in port clinton. The velvet drives were also re-sealed, and new frictions and steels installed. Trans pumps were not replaced, the transmissions both work great. Engines, trans, and drives all have less than one season on them. A water leak at one of the transom mounted water pickups is what started this project, and when we were putting it back on, the inside of the transom squished in at the mounting bolts. Thats when I started with the complete de rig, and also found the wood around the sides of the fuel tank, and most of the front engine compartment bulkhead, to be pretty much multch Now the hull and all the parts are at the old (vacant) house that we are trying to sell or rent and it is starting to become an issue between the misses and I. I'm going to post everything in the swap shop with pics, hopefully starting this weekend, and I may be interested in selling everything to one person if someone was looking for a project. Just thought I would start here, in case anyone was looking for a specific part and wanted to ask about it. Thanks,
Steve
Old 09-10-2014, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you ever put up any pictures?
Old 09-10-2014, 06:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

Yeah, where are the pictures. What does the boat look like?
Old 09-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 296 Likes on 103 Posts

In case anyone was wondering Duberts is THE man for TRS rebuilds. Very high quality shop and has been a TRS guy for years so you can rest assured these would be good drives.

Sorry ya gotta bail on the project those are great Lake Erie boats. Whats it look like just wondering if i have seen it . . .
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )