Fresh air >

Fresh air

Notices

Fresh air

Old 08-29-2002, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Fresh air

Ok SCARAB owners --- I have a real problem getting enough air into my engine compartment and was thinking about putting the air intakes off the 93 and latter models onto my boat but I havn't seen any up close to get the measurements. Can you guys with the side louvers measure them and post it here?
total length, hight at the front and height at the back.

Thanks Steve
Old 08-30-2002, 09:05 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,068 Likes on 538 Posts
Cool

I cant help with the louvers, but back when i had my Scarab i wanted to run with the hatch cracked open a bit to let more air in....never did cause i heard too many horror stories about the wind ripping them off!
So i thought why not make some straps that would through bolt from the hatch to the firewall inside the engine compartment? You can crack the hatch open and have the tention from the hatch lift and the straps keep the hatch inplace and keep it from "flying" away! Easy fix for LOTS of extra air.....you get to listen to the engine too!
Only drawback i see is if you had people sitting in the back seat with long hair! But then again my thoughts were if i'm running with the hatch cracked open then no one would be sitting down anyway!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!