33 AVS Bilge Leak >

33 AVS Bilge Leak

Notices

33 AVS Bilge Leak

Old 06-30-2015, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 33 AVS Bilge Leak

I'm taking on a small amount of water in my 1999 33 AVS, but can't figure out where it's coming from. When I repowered this past offseason, we redid all of the hoses and equipment, so there's a very small chance that it's something to do with that. Also, when the engines were out, I put it in the water and left it there for a half hour or so - not a drop was there.

However, I'm wondering if any other 33 AVS owners (or owners of boats with similar swim platforms) think it may have something to do with water coming onto the swim platform when I come off of plane. Even if I'm careful, some water comes onto the platform, and there is a vent only a few inches above it on both the port and starboard side that goes to the engine compartment. Could a little water be coming in then? Has anyone had a similar experience? Thanks for your feedback.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was also taking on some water and could not figure it out. You are probably correct. Mine was coming in the side vents while floating with the large boat wakes.

Run it on the hose. If it is a hose or clamp you will find it. If nothing then it's unlikely the plumbing and more likely vents or other hull parts.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 393 Likes on 143 Posts

also check the little bellows on the shift cable they are notorious for leaks.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 197 Likes on 104 Posts

K Plane indicator cable bushings also leak sometimes as the get older.