Picked Up and Wrapped 86 Scarab 1 >

Picked Up and Wrapped 86 Scarab 1

Notices

Picked Up and Wrapped 86 Scarab 1

Old 07-01-2015, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Picked Up and Wrapped 86 Scarab 1

Just picked up a nice lake boat for Lake Wylie in NC. Whole boat is very nice for it's age but I wanted to spruce it up a bit so I started with a new wrap. I'm picking up a new windshield from UDP and working on a vendor for the interior to match the new exterior. Power is bone stock 260 merc. Put on a new upper drive (alpha 1). Boat runs about 56mph with a 21p but max rpm only seems to be about 3900 (tach may be off, have not diagnosed yet), she is slow to get out of the hole too. I'm thinking about buying a 19 pitch to try, or open to suggestion so i don't have to buy a million props to find the right one.

She is a work in progress to get her where I want. I've sunk oodles into high speed and am just over the associated issues. I will keep her close to stock in the power dept for now. My goal is a nice looking, nice sounding, VERY reliable lake boat that is easy on gas too. (this winter I'll probably do vortec heads, intake, cam to hopefully get there) I'll keep the post updated as I go along.

Last edited by hotstang46; 07-01-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have any suggestions other than UPD for a windshield? Those guys don't even answer. I have literally called them 50 times during business hours and nothing. Can't even leave a message, it always says it's full.