Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
New 29' Scarab >

New 29' Scarab

Notices

New 29' Scarab

Old 02-10-2016, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what,s your prop shaft centerline? pics ?

Originally Posted by RhinoRob
Took it out Tuesday when we had the 84 degree day down here in S. FL and tested out the new four blade prop, all I can say is wow! It performed like a thoroughbred. The way it was rigged is perfect for the Gulf especially with the out drive set up, it make it ride higher in the water on plane and slices through a 3 foot chop like its flat water.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:51 PM
Registered

Will post some pics this weekend when it warms up a little
Old 03-16-2016, 04:24 PM
Registered

Default My new bud Scippy

My new friend Scippy from the forum here came all the way down from NJ to get his new Cigarette Mistress rigged for the long ride home. He brought us some really great FDNY shirts from his firehouse for Kristen and myself. What a great guy and now friend we have found! Just remember you owe me a ride in that beast when we come north for some vacation time my friend!

Last edited by RhinoRob; 03-16-2016 at 04:46 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 174 Likes on 93 Posts

Anything for you Guys!!............Enjoy the T-shirts. Thank you for being so wonderful to me. Rare to find people like this "Rob and Kristen are really cool people!"
Old 04-05-2016, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im going to be in North Port Apr 20 - 30th.. i want a ride! haha.. Thats a beautiful boat. I would really like to check out that drive setup. We commonly have 3-4' waves up here on our lake. Where is the place you bought it from? Im looking for things to do while I'm down there.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:51 AM
Registered

Hi Slinky,
Thanks!
We will be in Daytona for Jeep Beach April 20th -24th but will return on the 25th Lets see what the magazine schedule has me doing and play it by ear.

The place I bought my boat is Flagship Marine Engines, Address: 200 E Ann St, Punta Gorda, FL 33950 Phone941) 639-3738 were they still have a whole warehouse full of racing engines and out drives ( IMCO stuff ), cleaver props, blowers,you name it, they are selling off.
PM me you contact info.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Slinky
Im going to be in North Port Apr 20 - 30th.. i want a ride! haha.. Thats a beautiful boat. I would really like to check out that drive setup. We commonly have 3-4' waves up here on our lake. Where is the place you bought it from? Im looking for things to do while I'm down there.
Hi Slinky,
Thanks!
We will be in Daytona for Jeep Beach April 20th -24th but will return on the 25th Lets see what the magazine schedule has me doing and play it by ear.

The place I bought my boat is Flagship Marine Engines, Address: 200 E Ann St, Punta Gorda, FL 33950 Phone941) 639-3738 were they still have a whole warehouse full of racing engines and out drives ( IMCO stuff ), cleaver props, blowers,you name it, they are selling off.
PM me you contact info.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Took it out Tuesday when we had the 84 degree day down here in S. FL and tested out the new four blade prop, all I can say is wow! It performed like a thoroughbred. The way it was rigged is perfect for the Gulf especially with the out drive set up, it make it ride higher in the water on plane and slices through a 3 foot chop like its flat water.
a 97 scarab was the first new boat I purchased. I had a single 825 hp blower motor in it and a 1 inch shorter imco drive on it. the boat always amazed me how well it handled rough water. like you said it ate 3 footers like it was nothing.
I never did get around to an extension box. I am curious why you are running a spacer between the upper and lower drive if the transom is at the stock location I would think it would run a little better without the spacer
Old 04-12-2016, 10:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by hullofjustis
a 97 scarab was the first new boat I purchased. I had a single 825 hp blower motor in it and a 1 inch shorter imco drive on it. the boat always amazed me how well it handled rough water. like you said it ate 3 footers like it was nothing.
I never did get around to an extension box. I am curious why you are running a spacer between the upper and lower drive if the transom is at the stock location I would think it would run a little better without the spacer
Flag Ship was and has been big in the offshore racing scene since the late 70's and not only sell the big bad Mercruiser racing engines like the 1650's Miss Geico runs but they also built some of the best race engines out there so when they rig a boat for a specific application I have learned not to question the methods too much but I had to ask the exact same thing when I bought the boat lol
Sooooo
they rigged the boat to test different engines for fit only in my hull so far as mock ups for Mercruiser Racing but the current set up was done for a prototype 6.0 super charged Cadillac race engine that was producing something like 700 HP and they told me the reason for the spacer was that while running in the gulf the prop would stay in the water since it was not surface piercing set up. With less HP from the 502 that currently resides there we thought about removing it but my buddy over at Phantom 9 Racing may have talked me into a Whipple blower install this summer.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Flag Ship was and has been big in the offshore racing scene since the late 70's and not only sell the big bad Mercruiser racing engines like the 1650's Miss Geico runs but they also built some of the best race engines out there so when they rig a boat for a specific application I have learned not to question the methods too much but I had to ask the exact same thing when I bought the boat lol
Sooooo
they rigged the boat to test different engines for fit only in my hull so far as mock ups for Mercruiser Racing but the current set up was done for a prototype 6.0 super charged Cadillac race engine that was producing something like 700 HP and they told me the reason for the spacer was that while running in the gulf the prop would stay in the water since it was not surface piercing set up. With less HP from the 502 that currently resides there we thought about removing it but my buddy over at Phantom 9 Racing may have talked me into a Whipple blower install this summer.
very cool to have a boat that was used for testing. the first year I had mine I pulled the motor and started increasing horsepower (so much for the warranty) and was never really happy with it as far as speed goes until I put a blower on the 540 bbc. I went from 415 hp @ 60 mph then 550hp @ 67mph maybe to then 620 hp @70mph and then 825 hp @85mph then I loved it, but I was coming from the 26 scarab with the factory 500 hp that ran 75mph and going from 75mph to 60 mph in a bigger boat felt like you were not moving. if you are not looking for all out speed enjoy it. if you want every last mph you can out of it, remove the spacer and put a whipple on it you will be much impressed :

I would think they did it or left there because of the 3 blade prop.. I think you would be pleasantly surprised with spacer gone. I had a the a negative 1 inch imco on mine and it ran very well. but - 2 inch imco would probably be the ticket with the extension box.
do you have the neutral extension box or 3 inch up extension box it is hard to tell by the pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.