Scarab 33 AVS on classifieds >

Scarab 33 AVS on classifieds

Notices

Scarab 33 AVS on classifieds

Old 01-12-2016, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Scarab 33 AVS on classifieds

Hi, this is my first post on OSO. I'm from Chile. Me and my dad are looking to buy our first off shore boat. We currently own a SeaRay 210 for watersports, but want to have a bigger boat. As we will be riding in the south pacific with big seas (between 3-5 feet as best) we defined that the boat to go is the Scarab 33 AVS, and as the boat will spend 2 months on salt water every season we need it to have closed cooling.

Well, we found that boat, and it is listed in a few places, including OSO classifieds, here is the link:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...le-o63425.html

Here is the question: does somebody knows this boat?

Thanks!!
Old 01-14-2016, 05:45 AM
Registered

Received 199 Likes on 106 Posts

Check your PMs
Old 01-14-2016, 06:09 AM
Registered

Received 454 Likes on 301 Posts

Wow! Thats a fast yes answer!!! Power of oso i guess! Or power of the owner!!! ???
Old 01-14-2016, 07:06 PM
Registered

Thanks, Mark. I answered your PM!!
Old 01-15-2016, 07:24 PM
Registered

Anybody who knows the boat??
Old 01-18-2016, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 51 Likes on 19 Posts

I fly to Santiago about twice a month (pilot) where are you boating? Your country is very nice and clean, I can imagine the boating is wonderful. Have you considered the 38' Scarab? it will handle the 3-5 footers a little better. Also can you tow the boat? I really have not seen many big trucks or towing rigs down south..so I imaging you will keep it on a lift or dry storage?
Old 01-18-2016, 01:07 PM
Registered

I would take a hard look at the Blue/Yellow 33 avs that GSC has listed - boat is literally like new condition
Old 01-18-2016, 06:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MINK
I would take a hard look at the Blue/Yellow 33 avs that GSC has listed - boat is literally like new condition
Hi Mink, I've seen that ad. The downside of that boat is the raw water cooled engines. The closed cooling is a must for me.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JetJock
I fly to Santiago about twice a month (pilot) where are you boating? Your country is very nice and clean, I can imagine the boating is wonderful. Have you considered the 38' Scarab? it will handle the 3-5 footers a little better. Also can you tow the boat? I really have not seen many big trucks or towing rigs down south..so I imaging you will keep it on a lift or dry storage?
Hi JetJock, my dad is also a pilot (ex-Lan, now corporate). I boat at Pichidangui (120 miles north of Santiago), and yes, it's wonderful. I have considered bigger boats, but as we will tow the boat once a year 120 miles with some steep-long hills, ended with a 35 foot as a maximum length. We will be towing the boat with a half ton Silverado 2015 or if needed upgrade to a 3/4 ton Ram Cummins (don't want to go too big as the truck will be used as dd).
As for facilities, the boat will be kept on water hang to a buoy, no marina facilities at Pichidangui, yet.... Once the season ends: we will get the boat back to Santiago for storage and maintenance.

Greetings, and have a safe flight.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:50 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=JetJock;4394784]I fly to Santiago about twice a month (pilot) where are you boating? Your country is very nice and clean, I can imagine the boating is wonderful. Have you considered the 38' Scarab? it will handle the 3

Oh, JetLock, you can check:

http://clubdeyatespichidangui.cl/

Very basic web page of our club, or you can search for Club de yates Pichidangui at Facebook.

If you come to Chile on a weekend, I'll be pleased to met with you.

Greetings from Chile

AlvaroG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.