Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
New Scarab Owner >

New Scarab Owner

Notices

New Scarab Owner

Old 02-29-2004, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it was rebuilt then they did more than just paint it. It has numerous factory mercruiser stickers on the valve covers, thermostat housing, etc that are on top of the new paint. I'll try to snap some pics tomorrow and also get the engine block codes. I'm interested in just what I bought.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:37 PM
CBPBA's Walmart Greeter
VIP Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Mine would hit 65mph on GPS with nobody on board, tail wind, going with the tide in a 2 foot chop running on fumes. Did it only a few times. But 61 to 63 was pretty consistent depending upon fuel, wind, gear and crew. That was with a 3 blade, 23p Mirage.

-----------------------------------------

CHESAPEAKE BAY POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION
'http://www.cbpba.com'

"Experience is something you don't have until just after you need it."
Old 03-01-2004, 08:27 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I'm running in the low 70's right now with my 29. Still have some tuning on props to do.

The Whipple was a good kicker! I also have a Stellings extension box I'm waiting to put on. I'm shooting for upper 70's to low 80's once its put on. The low 70's was with 4 people and almost full on fuel!!

Good luck with yours!!
Old 03-01-2004, 03:47 PM
Registered

Default Re: New Scarab Owner

Originally posted by RBake
Finally....Brought her home from Austin the other day. My new to me 1994 Scarab 29. I've had her on lake twice already. I just sold a 30 ft Thompson super cruiser and finally bought a REAL boat. I've been reading your posts and looks like a lot a good bunch of owners. Just wanted to say hello.
Welcome to OSO. I almost got a 29 last year when I decided to get back into boating, but found a deal on a 31SS Sonic and decided to go with it. You are going to love your boat.

You are located near Lake Travis? My boat is there now having engine work done for this season. Hoping to have it completed by the end of this month so I can hit the lake April 17th with the Baja guys for their annual run. Should be about 80 to 100 boats from what I have heard.

I am located in Plano (Dallas). The name of my boat is Shameless. If you see me out be sure to say hello.

ST31

Last edited by st31; 03-01-2004 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-01-2004, 04:26 PM
Registered

Ok, I guess I didn't read a damn thing on my engine until today. It's a Marine Power E454P-MR2 complete replacement engine. I went to Marinepoweruse.com and they have all the specs. Looks like it came complete with everything including the manifolds, risers, alternator, brackets, the works. 380 Horse and oh yeah 4400 to 4800 wot operating. I think my tach must be off. I'm going out on the lake tomorrow with my mechanic and he's going to dial it all in.

But, at least I know it had a new engine at some time in her life. I'm trying to contact Marine Power and check the sale date of the engine.

Anyone had any experience with this company??

Shannon, I only make Travis a couple of times a year (Devil's Cove is the greatest) Lake Belton is only 3 miles from my house and is never crowded. You should try it out, about an hour closer to you.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Registered

I have been on Belton once many years ago when I was in college. I was dating a girl from Temple at the time and we went to the lake with a large group of her friends. Back then everyone there used to have those pretty much home made two story deck boats. Do they still have those around there? Great lake. Some of the clearest water around. You would not happen to know of a guy named David Ballmer would you?
Old 03-01-2004, 06:07 PM
Registered

Don't know him. Belton is a great lake. Corp owned so nobody owns the land on the water, 30 ft off water is closest you can own. No personal boat houses etc. A few good marina's, no restaurants to speak of. A lot of house boats and open bows but I've got one of maybe 4 or 5 closed bow sport boats on the lake.

No one really anchor's up with strangers like travis. Where hoping to get something like devil's cove going this year. If anyone is ever in town look me up.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:31 AM
Registered

Congrads. I just got my 29 in late december and can't wait to start using. You lucky dog.