"Team Scarab"(Larry Smith) 38' KV Scarab must sacrifice >

"Team Scarab"(Larry Smith) 38' KV Scarab must sacrifice

Notices

"Team Scarab"(Larry Smith) 38' KV Scarab must sacrifice

Old 06-09-2004, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Team Scarab"(Larry Smith) 38' KV Scarab must sacrifice

1987 Larry Smith 38' kv Scarab no pics until this weekend have to get it out of storage up at Grand Lake in Oklahoma. I have owned the boat since 1997 I have completly refurbished everything cuddy,cockpit 3sit down bolsters in back 2 stand up in front with huge stereo system loudest boat around, new carpet, new dash & panels all black dash has been painted to white with all gaffrig gauges/yellow bezels, zero effort controls, race hatches with hydraulic lift & more , basically interior is updated to 2004. Now for power: 502's blown less than 1 lb. of boost each side w/6:71 blowers 4 Holley 750 dbl.'s, transmission's up'd to Huber marine 1,500hp, TRS drives. Motors are very, very strong no problems, less than 200 hrs on each bought brand new in 1997 & were totally gone through by merc. race team. I have only put 200 hrs on the boat since I've owned it, the total boat has around 400hrs total. The boat's name is "Probable Cause" has a trick paint job. The only thing the boat honestly needs that I would do if I was to keep it is: 1. Hydraulic Steering 2. some touch up on exterior, or I would actually just have it painted, I could get all this done for under $10,000. The boat runs in the low 90's if you wanted to get it in the 100's it would need different drives and prop's. It also has a 1998 aluminum ti-axe trailer. Looking for $50,000 with new paint job boat can sell for over $70,000. all day long. Post threads or shoot me an email directly at [email protected] I will have pictures to ad on 6-14-2004. Ryan Ward
Old 06-10-2004, 08:41 PM
Registered

Default Re: "Team Scarab"(Larry Smith) 38' KV Scarab must sacrifice

Is this the same boat???

From a previous post,
He has come into some financial difficulties and he can not maintain and run the boat anymore. Problems with the boat is that the carbs are not tuned right at idle and one motor keeps dying. Also there is something wrong with the wiring because he keeps having batteries dying on him.
Just curious what would be a fair price to get out of it as it sits but not give it away.
I will try to get some pics.

Thanks,

Finman
Old 06-10-2004, 11:14 PM
Registered

just seeing if this worked
Old 06-11-2004, 12:29 AM
Registered

OK, yes this is my boat I told my step-brother I was going to sell it and I think he was trying to do some research on his own. Last Labor day was the first time I took the boat out on the water in 2 years and I only drove it to the cove we sat there for a while got our groove on & went home I only drove it for about 45 minutes the port side was loading up at idle which is not uncommon after sitting a while it just has some junk in it, however I do fog the motors and carbs when I store it for the winter. BATTERIES this is a result of sticking another system in. The battery problem was from the "STEREO" the isolators are too small for the 2 separate batteries that run the stereo, the other 2 are for the motors & are just fine. However I already got new isolators just not in yet. Other 2 problems 1 is a seal in 1 of the lower units that is dribbling a little (I will fix) and the other is a gasket leak on oil pan (I will fix), these are not uncommon problems and will just take me a couple of hours to fix. I spent most of last summer designing, installing & integrating subs into the bolsters, also a new dash panel, hydraulic hatch & more, the only reason I am not using the boat that much is that I inherited two daughters that are scared of it (it is very intimidating when you sit in the back seat and hear the wine of the blowers and the echo of the exhaust). As for the financial part (that hurt's), not true I have just made some big purchases over the last year, I am getting married and planning another kid, I just have a-lot of stuff going on and don't want to see the boat sit for the 5th year in a row. Anyway no need to waste time; over the last 7yrs I have spent over $42,000. in upgrades and mechanics which for me means that I have about $98,000 in this boat I will go no lower than $47,000. don't even ask. If you do the math I am selling it for less than I paid 7yrs ago and it is a totally different boat. Anyway contact me direct at [email protected]. the above email account doesn't always work.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:20 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I just saw the thread. do you have any pics? What color is the boat. Its not the red one for sale in Dickinson is it?

Thanks,
Shawn
Old 06-11-2004, 11:32 PM
Registered

no, it is white with yelow, purple, blue, magenta graphics. I don't even have it up for sale yet.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:55 PM
Registered

Post some pics.