Old 02-24-2014, 10:35 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Heres a few more

Old 02-25-2014, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great.....have you tried buffing on it yet , we ended up wet sanding ours and redecaling
Old 03-06-2014, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey CanvasWiz tell me about your stereo. Did you use the old panels for the front speakers? Did you rebuild the panel under the back seat? If so, what did you use?

Thanks!
Old 03-09-2014, 10:56 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Well I rebuilt the front panel where the stereo deck goes to include my marine vhf radio as well. I actually have a hole saw that was the correct size for the speakers so I decided to put them in those front panels and then cut into the back panel under the seat and installed the speakers in both of those locations. The old speakers for the boat are mounted back in the storage area on the insides of the boat. The stereo amp is also under the back seat.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:58 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Cole-One... I have buffed it but I think it would need to be wet sanded to bring it back now. However, I really want to get rid of the two lighter blue stripes... I really dont like the color and already have gotten rid of it in the upholstery so thats the next step.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:38 PM
Registered

The upholstery looks sharp... the base of our front seats needs some work are they just wood..?
Old 03-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Well... My dad and I own a canvas shop as you can probably tell by my screen name, so I did all the upholstery work and everything myself. The seats are made of wood with a hard foam around them. What I'm sure happened for you which also happened to my drivers chair was that it cracked at the bend. What we did to fix it was take and fiberglass the cracked area with resin and strips of fiberglass cloth. you just layer it on top of one another and give it a decent coat. It will really dry strong and not create any bumps for the new upholstery to have to go over. If you take your seats a part you will see what i mean. I fiber glassed the inside and outside of the foam and ran strips way past the cracks to give it plenty of strength.

Its a tedious and messy process but If you dont fix them they will just get worse and if you have them reupholstered without fixing the bases you will regret it.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Registered

Thanks that really helps after I glass' em up what would you charge to recover...
Old 03-13-2014, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[ had seen your boat on you tube and was wondering where you had gotten hatch from . would like to know more info ,I have a 87 p22 that I repainted changed decals and redid interior. had a 454 with merlin heads and team G intake erson cam , pulled it out to fix flywheel and freshen bearings found hairline cracks in two cylinders . I have gotten 502 built to hp 500 specs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.