27 Pachanga >

27 Pachanga

Notices

27 Pachanga

Old 09-18-2021, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 27 Pachanga

Looking at buying a 27 Pachanga twin. Seems the 27 was the least number produced or something. I see tons of 22' and some 32' info but not much on the 27'. The one im looking at has twin 502's supposedly rebuilt as 525 clones.

Anyway curious how she should ride, how do they handle surf boat wakes etc.
Old 09-30-2021, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

I was looking to move up many years ago from a Donz Z-22 I test drove a single engine it felt top heavy and rolled in the waves so I decided against it. A twin engine might sit deeper
Old 09-30-2021, 06:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,168 Likes on 499 Posts

Had one in Australia with 502’s many years ago. I added a tie bar but I think it needed full hydraulic steering and tabs larger than tne little Bennett’s.
Cleaver props, it ran low 80’s every day. Sea Ray speedo with pitot tube only showed to 80, I enjoyed pushing the needle off the scale when friends were watching. 🙂
Very slow to plane with those props but from 40-60, it was awesome. Beyond 60, it chine walked a bit but was very controllable after some seat time. When friends took the wheel, I was comfortable up to 60 then told them “no more”. Not scary, just cautious.

Well built boat, predictable in the chop but it wasn’t a boat that owners tell you can outrun much bigger boats in the rough. I think the hull was straight from the ‘260 Overnighter’ so you have to consider the limitations of a boat that size range.

Overall, a great fun boat and no issues. Good luck.

RR