tiger fuel leak >

tiger fuel leak

Notices

tiger fuel leak

Old 04-28-2018, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 4,567 Likes on 1,315 Posts

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
not sure how long bladders last but honestly if I ever had to do surgery and replace tanks...I’d be tempted to cut the tops of the tanks and slide in bladders. Atleast the next time you change them out 6-10 years it’d be a simple job.
Kinda what I did. I did not pull the tank completely out , just opened them like a tin can and had custom tanks put inside , made a new floor etc. Drilled a bunch of 2" test holes to see how the foam was underneath the tanks and was satisfied to go forward .... no way was I about to blow up the entire cockpit.
Only one was leaking but I wasn`t about to go thru that work and not do both.

At the same time moved both fills to one side to make filling easier (love that mod) and set the tanks up for return regulators.
Lost capacity but I really don`t need 300 gallons of fuel. now I have 150gal capacity. it works for me.

Old 04-28-2018, 11:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by dave krehbiel
Offshore, I see you did not put the bump out back in your new tanks, how much volume did you loose. Also, where was the leak, was it rot, or a broken weld. My glass guy says depending where the leak is, he may just want to do the one tank, but I am going to tell him to both. I am so sick about this, that I only want to do this once.
This was the second set of tanks, they had a build date of 2001, my boat is a 2000. whomever did the second set of tanks used the square ones and they were thin in my opinion and rotted oout, they also put the boat back together under a bind/twist and had the floor ply running in the wrong direction which also caused flex. when mark was taking out the helms and did the floor he heard the boat pop and lay flat on the myco. he also replaced the drain tubes from bow under them as there was some water intrusion these tanks are a thicker gauge and are 135 gallons each. Mark squared everything up and the boat tracked better. I heard that the bump out was where all the original tanks leaked...Rob
Old 04-28-2018, 11:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,165 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Kinda what I did. I did not pull the tank completely out , just opened them like a tin can and had custom tanks put inside , made a new floor etc. Drilled a bunch of 2" test holes to see how the foam was underneath the tanks and was satisfied to go forward .... no way was I about to blow up the entire cockpit.

At the same time moved both fills to one side to make filling easier (love that mod) and set the tanks up for return regulators.
Lost capacity but I really don`t need 300 gallons of fuel. now I have 150gal capacity. it works for me.

Full service......gotta luv it.........that mod is the shizzle ....
Old 04-28-2018, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

This is a horrible job to do and I am helping my glass guy with the job, in hopes that I will have it back for the rendezvous in June but its not looking good! I think I am going to order the tanks through Sunshine tanks out of Florida, they have done a lot of other Cig tanks in the past. Hope to see you all at the rendezvous, and I will keep you up dated.
Old 04-28-2018, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 797 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL

when you did this, did you cut or have to do any surgery to bulk head engine bulge area? Or did you slide them back into that area?
Old 04-28-2018, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 4,567 Likes on 1,315 Posts

Slid them back in there, and when i say slid I mean half day of ****ing around to get em all the way in .
Old 04-30-2018, 04:57 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 632 Likes on 293 Posts

Man you guys are concerning my chit. How did you notice leak? Smell?
Old 04-30-2018, 07:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Quinlan
Man you guys are concerning my chit. How did you notice leak? Smell?
You will know, the smell is overpowering, i always pop hatch before i start engines.. it wasnt so much top guns as a design flaw in the Tiger tanks
Old 05-01-2018, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

As an after thought I used to think I smelled gas after a run but it would go away. It was only after putting it on the trailer to do some work to it that I found gas pouring out of the bilge drain holes. That was a bad day!
Old 06-12-2018, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dam Dave sorry to hear that. Hopefully you get it back soon

keep an eye out for my velocities down there. The red one is still at bear bottom and the guy that bought the teal one is from iowa but stays around franky and louies alot i think. He usually volunteers for the shootout as a patrol boat. Hope all is well.

-shane.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.