Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Has anyone tried putting clear bra/Xpel on boats with good results? >

Has anyone tried putting clear bra/Xpel on boats with good results?

Notices

Has anyone tried putting clear bra/Xpel on boats with good results?

Old 06-17-2019, 08:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 67 Posts

Old 06-17-2019, 09:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 67 Posts

Expel covers just the silver vinly wrap. In the water at rest the rear area that dips down is under water. I am on my second season with it in salt water and no issues and my fenders do not leave marks when I'm tied up to a dock or another boat. I keep the boat on a lift under a cover or stored inside when my other boat is on the lift.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:15 AM
Registered

Received 4,916 Likes on 1,389 Posts

before and after pics are useless as they look exactly the same but I do love the protection.
All my cars have it too. Self healing and very durable, personally I think it makes the paint shine better .

already protected the Jet ski a couple times .
Old 06-18-2019, 07:06 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

^^^^ for some reason I would have thought that you surely hate jet skiers actually could not stand the Jet ski crowd ? How right am I about this ? Sorry that was the first thing that popped in my head seeing the Ski.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 4,916 Likes on 1,389 Posts

HA! with my attitude you`d think I was an jet skier for sure !
Jet ski`s got me in the boating. I love anything that goes fast and these new supercharged models are insane.
...this ski tries to rip my hands off everytime I hit the throttles, I love it . Most importantly my kids are at that age where they love it too.

My first one . long ago..::

Old 06-18-2019, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL

before and after pics are useless as they look exactly the same but I do love the protection.
All my cars have it too. Self healing and very durable, personally I think it makes the paint shine better .

already protected the Jet ski a couple times .
how did the film hold up on the sides of the boat? I do fear it getting a small rip somewhere and it ballooning up just to be ripped off. On the flip side, I would rather replace film than repaint as some of these paint jobs are 50k+. Rob suggested ceramic coating the sides and possibly film on decks. I am wondering the best way to do this and real world results. Does your film go down to the chine or a inch or so above it? If so, any issues with the water pressure lifting the edges while at speed?