Cheap Skater Insurance >

Cheap Skater Insurance

Notices

Cheap Skater Insurance

Old 02-13-2006, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap Skater Insurance

I just wanted to post some GOOD news about Insurance.

I just bought my first Skater and had no luck at all getting Insurance Markel initially gave me a quote for 8k with some course down in Florida then after I bought the boat they backed out. I tried EVERYONE I could not find anyone else who would insure cat boats or me. Really sucked new boat and could not even take it out...

Just for kicks I went to my local Allstate Insurance Agency to see if could get lucky... I hit the jackpot. $4,500 for a newbe awesome plan no limitations year round use, total replacement coverage. The catch is you have to bind the police before end of March to be grandfathered into this policy they have for performance boats.

I am in the Lindenhurst Long Island hope to see you guys out there this Spring

All State Insurance, think it was Copiague they service tri-state
Karen
631-225-5600

Have fun...
Jason
Old 02-13-2006, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Cheap Skater Insurance

what size boat? hp? pm me if you wish.
Thanks Jeff
Old 02-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Registered

Jeff

I just bought a 2005 28' Skater with twin 300X's I have been out the last couple of weeks, still frostbitten. But the boat has been a blast. Weather permitting I will be out next weekend if the the bay isnt frozen over...
Old 02-13-2006, 07:00 PM
Registered

Jasson, Be sure to check your policy. My dad's good friend is a underwriter for Allstate and they do not write Insurnace for Skater's or cats. I know some of you guys say you have policys but if there is a claim it will not hold up. Did they ask for pics of the boat? If not, I would make sure there is some in your file. Your agent might have changed the paper work to refelct it was not performance boat. Also they do not insure anything above 60 MPH Bottom line you might not be covered. Just check into it and be sure.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:11 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jason
Congrats on getting insurance first of all, but like Apache 21 said, you better ask questions now, because later will be to late if you ever really need to file a claim. Allstate does not knowingly insure Skaters. I know, you have a signed policy, but, if they ask for pictures, you will be cancelled. Then when you apply for insurance again, one of the first questions they will ask is has your insurance ever been cancelled? Not trying to rain on your parade, just dont want something bad to happen to a fellow Skater owner. My son has a 28 Skater with twin 300 Pro Max's
Old 02-13-2006, 09:32 PM
Registered

I had allstate w/ my Allison that ran over 100mph, when I tried to put my 24' Skater on the policy they told me no way. When I asked why the Allison & not the Skater she told me they WILL NOT write high performance boats anymore.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:12 AM
Registered

Sorry to give you some bad news but they are going to cancel you.

I had a cat insured through Allstate a couple of years ago and about 6 months after I had started the policy I recieved a notice that they did not insure high performance cats. They said they had made a mistake and should not have written the policy to begin with. I am not the only one this has happened to with them either. I know of a couple others on the Hotboat board that had the same thing happen. The price seemed to good to be true and it was.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:14 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Havasu Cig
Sorry to give you some bad news but they are going to cancel you.

I had a cat insured through Allstate a couple of years ago and about 6 months after I had started the policy I recieved a notice that they did not insure high performance cats. They said they had made a mistake and should not have written the policy to begin with. I am not the only one this has happened to with them either. I know of a couple others on the Hotboat board that had the same thing happen. The price seemed to good to be true and it was.
I had a similar situation last Summer.

I was looking to buy a 28 for the lake and have always been through Allstate. Originally they said no problem, $3000k for the year. About a week later they said sorry but we can't write anymore high performance boats. They still write the Top Gun but only because it is "grandfathered" in.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Registered

Wow

I appreciate all the feedback good and bad... Obviously very concerned I called Karen from All State good news is this local Agency is a Level 4 agency and do secondary Underwriting, actually override the HQ. My policy is for "Performance Boat" I gave them pics of the boat and have a binded policy. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the policy stays enforced and have faith that the broker is accurate. I will keep everyone posted if things change. Thanks for all the feedback. By the way they can only write these deals in NY and the special program Level 4 override ends the end of March.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Registered

Suggest you stop talking about it....Allstate is not a player at underwriting level, just the agent and the way it was presented....Level 4 and all that......, cannot apply for one isolated agent...Allstate is Allstate....Your agent did something and sooner or later it will catch up.....Common Sense....High Performance Cats over 110 mph with Allstate is a NO No...

Rick Felsen Hawk Race Consultants

Quick Reply: Cheap Skater Insurance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.