Old 01-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Detail Toyz
Great boat Joe.

Saw it at Skater in july 08 bein built, awsome boat

thanks. i absolutely love it!!!!! .... just really want a 388. if it doesn't sell for what i want... needless to say, it's not going to suck keeping it!!!

joe
Old 01-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by apache727
I was drooling all over your boat last march in st.pete its gorgeous. Definitely one of my favorite Skaters!
thanks so much.... and wow, what a ride that run!!!!

i can still hear (i will leave 'them' nameless), 'wow.... it's going to be rough tomorrow on the run..... guess the cats will be staying on the dock!' ---- if i remember correctly, the only v-hull we didn't get by before reaching the Skyway Bridge was wiley in xXx. i remember seeing gino go by, literally on his side (larry shared a great story when we were back at the dock as to why i saw the underneath of their hull at appx. a 45 degree angle --- lol) and of course FREEDOM US 1. all three of those guys were smokin'.

i still can't believe how well my little 36 footer did in that BIG water. to be frank, when we rounded the corner, paralleling the bridge, and i saw it stacking up fast and big as we approached the sportfish boat heading out in front of us, the only thing that kept me rollin' was knowing 1) we passed Loose Cannon and wanted to make sure we ran long enough so that Spina couldn't say we 'got lucky' and 2) if we tried to turn around too early we'd be driving back into everyone we just passed. what a grrrrreat ride!

btw... my avatar is one of the shots from the run, while we were still inside. lumpy....lumpy.... lumpy --- everywhere!!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 07:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe

i can still hear (i will leave 'them' nameless), 'wow.... it's going to be rough tomorrow on the run..... guess the cats will be staying on the dock!' ---- if i remember correctly, the only v-hull we didn't get by before reaching the Skyway Bridge was wiley in xXx. i remember seeing gino go by, literally on his side (larry shared a great story when we were back at the dock as to why i saw the underneath of their hull at appx. a 45 degree angle --- lol) and of course FREEDOM US 1. all three of those guys were smokin'.

i still can't believe how well my little 36 footer did in that BIG water. to be frank, when we rounded the corner, paralleling the bridge, and i saw it stacking up fast and big as we approached the sportfish boat heading out in front of us, the only thing that kept me rollin' was knowing 1) we passed Loose Cannon and wanted to make sure we ran long enough so that Spina couldn't say we 'got lucky' and 2) if we tried to turn around too early we'd be driving back into everyone we just passed. what a grrrrreat ride!

btw... my avatar is one of the shots from the run, while we were still inside. lumpy....lumpy.... lumpy --- everywhere!!!!
You had to bring that one up, didn't ya?

Just kidding, it was a run for the ages- I never got so many great shots at one time in my life, for those of you that missed the thread, here's a link to the slideshow.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Last edited by jayboat; 01-02-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Something a bit more recent-- from the FMO run day before yesterday...

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 01-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jayboat
You had to bring that one up, didn't ya?

Just kidding, it was a run for the ages- I never got so many great shots at one time in my life, for those of you that missed the thread, here's a link to the slideshow.

it was great... and no worries about not getting more pics of us air'in the new girl out!!!!

after looking back thru the pics on your link, i totally forgot about aqua mania. man, they went flyin' by us so fast... that thing was so hooked up it looked like they were in flat water. it was awesome to see!
Old 01-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

jay, forgot about this one too.... that d@mn nor-tech fish boat was darting around back and fourth.... left to right so much as we were approaching him from the rear, i thought we were going to run right up his egg beaters!!! i have no idea how they didn't know... or know better, then to keep a solid heading... especially while in a channel ----- wtf.

they must have moved, at minimum 4-5 boat lengths, from left to right... maybe 50-60 feet, total. oh, and they even did it when we came down to idle. dangerous, to say the least.

we finally got past them as we were going two by two under the bridge.

here's the link to your photo jay. i was unable to post it:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jay2boa...77084244/show/

joe
Old 01-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe

That was a great run Joe!! I'll try to post some pics of the trip back from the lunch stop!! Only 5 boats made the whole run out of 65. Great day to have a 46!! Glad you're having fun with your Skater!!
Old 01-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
That was a great run Joe!! I'll try to post some pics of the trip back from the lunch stop!! Only 5 boats made the whole run out of 65. Great day to have a 46!! Glad you're having fun with your Skater!!
man.... seeing the video of what you guys drove thru, especially on the way back, i'm glad i turned around (and there isn't much i've ever turned around for! lol).

if someone can post the video of you guys, it needs to go in the archives hall of fame! glad you finally got some water that the skater could enjoy eatin' up!

joe
Old 01-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe
man.... seeing the video of what you guys drove thru, especially on the way back, i'm glad i turned around (and there isn't much i've ever turned around for! lol).

if someone can post the video of you guys, it needs to go in the archives hall of fame! glad you finally got some water that the skater could enjoy eatin' up!

joe
It was fun and you were smart to turn around!! I'll try to post pics and maybe the vid someday if I can get it.

Quick Reply: Post Skater pics here.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.