32B is finally done >

32B is finally done

Notices

32B is finally done

Old 01-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 32B is finally done

I posted this in general boating but am adding a link here for those who maybe didn't catch it. Finished and sea trialed yesterday and I'm very happy,considering it's the first hours of break in and can't run it too hard yet the boat is still much better than it was with the quad engine setup. Gary Ballough is taking it out tomorrow to put some hours on it ( too busy at my shop to head out) after that we'll experiment with props and drive rotation

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=176995
Old 01-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by tzrider
I posted this in general boating but am adding a link here for those who maybe didn't catch it. Finished and sea trialed yesterday and I'm very happy,considering it's the first hours of break in and can't run it too hard yet the boat is still much better than it was with the quad engine setup. Gary Ballough is taking it out tomorrow to put some hours on it ( too busy at my shop to head out) after that we'll experiment with props and drive rotation

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=176995
I saw it..... Nice Job!
You must be dying to get her wet!
Old 01-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Registered

She got dunked yesterday .. hell stuff was being finished on the way to the ramp..lol..put 1.5 hours on yesterday, made some adjustments today to the throttles etc.. lowered the engine height 3\16 and she'll get run again tomorrow
Old 01-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul, the boat looks great! You will love those motors.What props are you running?
Old 01-11-2008, 08:12 AM
Registered

Hey Steve
We spun 4 blade 32's the other day just to get some acceleration in the lower rpm's for breakin, plus the water was 2-3. I think were going to run it down at haulover in flat water today with some 34's and play with engine height and rotation. I had the motors at an inch and a half and it was ringing the alarm too much so we lowered them 3\16 ths. If the water pressure is too high in flat water I may raise them back up and use my thru hulls for pressure to the powerheads...I'll keep you posted
Old 01-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Hay boat looks awsome i would go to the hull water pickups on the 30 i was working on there finicky on water pressure. the alarm beebs in the rough stuff in and out of the water very annoying. we ending up about 1/ 3/4 off the bottom with 32 3 blade cleavers mercs .couldnt pull 34s allso the brake in mode has to be under load i think you know that or the computor wont count it as break in good luck looks great again
Old 01-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Registered

Jim
I had the props turning out and had a bad porpoise with 14.5 32's..I i went to 15x32's turning in and the boat flattened out and the speed went from 84 to 93.8.. The engines are turning 5900 rpm so I'm gonna raise the height to get the rpm up and the mph should come. It's a balancing act with water pressure, do you have any experience with the hull pickups on the 300xs's? My boat has the pickups as I used them on my 2.5's. If I need the engine height for speed but lose water pressure I was thinking of using them again

Paul
Old 01-13-2008, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

no i do not but i was curius what kinda speed you were going to see with those motors. we ended up turning inward on the 30 also .you may find that with the torqe of those motors you may not go faster getting the rpms up .your slip will most likely go up and loose effecincy .these motors like to to be loaded hope this helps
Old 01-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw you 32b pics in the general forum, very very nice.

Jim (he has been a huge help) has been in my 30 several times, most recenly in the FMO South Seas fun run, Dec 8. My boat is where most of his real world data is coming from. Issues with 300xs, height vs water pressure, torque vs rmp vs speed vs slip; general issues, getting the right combination of rotation vs diamater vs pitch ve height.

My thread in Skater section have pages of photos, details of this process and data charts http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=149139 The good data starts around page 8
Old 01-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Registered

Frank ( I believe thats correct )
We ran the boat today again and it just seems to hit a wall, going to take it to TNT tomorrow so i can check the computers. Gary Ballough and I made changes one at a time and we are perplexerd, we ran 14 7\8 x34's 3 blades, 15 x 34 3 blades, 15 x 32 3 blades 15 x 32 4 blades, 15 x 34 4 blades and we even tried some 4 blade bravos. They all ran 92mph and the motors would only pull 5990- 6000 rpm with every prop, they accelerated differently but all topped out at 92. Another oddity is no matter how " over trimmed" we tried to get it we couldn't get the rpm past 6k. I'm 1.25 up on engine height and that seems to be the best as we tried going up and down , we are also spinning in.......

Paul

Quick Reply: 32B is finally done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.