Notices

Bahamas

Old 03-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bahamas

Looking for your advice brudda's. I have a Timeshare in the Atlantis @ Paradise Islands in the Bahamas. Every year in November I take the family and I always think to myself it would be awesome to have my boat here for the 10 days.

I was thinking of dragging my 32 down to Florida this Nov and hop over to the Nassau for vacation. I was thinking I would have my Wife and kids fly with my Brothers family and us two would take the boat and meet them.

Wondering if anyone here has ever made the trek accross. What are your thoughts, good, bad or indifferent ?? Do you think it to dangerous in a 32' ??

Really just debating it now and I am looking for outside thoughts to help make me decide.

It would be an amazing 10 days having my boat in such a beatifull place island hoping and all, also being that I only boat here in Jersey.

Looking forward to your input,
X
Old 03-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Registered

As long as the weather is good should be no problem in a 32,I would do it in my 28.I would try to find another boat to make the run with,that is the safest way,I think.Make sure and get all the necessary safety equipment.It would be great running over there in that beautiful water.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoresteve
As long as the weather is good should be no problem in a 32,I would do it in my 28.I would try to find another boat to make the run with,that is the safest way,I think.Make sure and get all the necessary safety equipment.It would be great running over there in that beautiful water.
OK bro its Done !!! Meet me in Miami Nov 8th and its a Go !!!

LOL, thanks for the input.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

hell i would do it for you if you would like
Old 03-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sounds like a giant kick-azz adventure and worth every minute.

Just got back from Atlantis a few weeks ago, love that place.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by socalstone
Sounds like a giant kick-azz adventure and worth every minute.

Just got back from Atlantis a few weeks ago, love that place.
GPS, seriously study charts. Its an adventure alright. Paradise Is is not the closest place in the Bahamas. Make sure you let your insurance agent know. Chances are good your not covered without a add on policy. If you do it I would suggest extra time for the actual trip there so you can enjoy it and stop where you want. Don't wing it plan it carefully fuel stops and the like.

I raced there pretty cool place. You might want to conceder renting a boat.

My 2 cents.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure your insurance is up to date and you may want to consider Documentaton since you are in international waters.

There is a lot more detail, drama and intriuge to this story but I will cut it short for the sake of making my point.

I have flown my plane to the Bahamas 4-5 times. The first trip I was checking into customs at the public FBO with the offical forms filled out in advance. The agent glanced at each page and ripped them in 1/4's and threw the pieces in the trash. Without saying a word or looking at me he walked out of the room.

I went to a lady next door dressed in customs garb, explained my situation and in an short unfriendly tone was told to wait for him in the outer area.

After about 20 minutes I decided to check on the plane and get some air. The plane was on the far end of the ramp, past all the other planes setting by itself about 100 yds from the customs office. About 50 yards in front of me was a young local (native) couple hustling along. As they passed the last plane I realized they were heading for mine.

They climbed onto the wing with the obvious intent to steal the plane and then saw me. They stood there and demanded I was taking them to either the US or PR.

They did not get the plane or a ride.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by The Menace
Make sure your insurance is up to date and you may want to consider Documentaton since you are in international waters.

There is a lot more detail, drama and intriuge to this story but I will cut it short for the sake of making my point.

I have flown my plane to the Bahamas 4-5 times. The first trip I was checking into customs at the public FBO with the offical forms filled out in advance. The agent glanced at each page and ripped them in 1/4's and threw the pieces in the trash. Without saying a word or looking at me he walked out of the room.

I went to a lady next door dressed in customs garb, explained my situation and in an short unfriendly tone was told to wait for him in the outer area.

After about 20 minutes I decided to check on the plane and get some air. The plane was on the far end of the ramp, past all the other planes setting by itself about 100 yds from the customs office. About 50 yards in front of me was a young local (native) couple hustling along. As they passed the last plane I realized they were heading for mine.

They climbed onto the wing with the obvious intent to steal the plane and then saw me. They stood there and demanded I was taking them to either the US or PR.

They did not get the plane or a ride.
WOW !! I would like to hear the rest ?? Why did customs treat you so badly ?? What was the reason for tearing up your documents ? Did they let you in ? Any reason why the couple wanted out so bad ? Were they in cahoots with the custom guy ?
Damn bro Enquirey minds want to know !!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Xchoke03
WOW !! I would like to hear the rest ?? Why did customs treat you so badly ?? What was the reason for tearing up your documents ? Did they let you in ? Any reason why the couple wanted out so bad ? Were they in cahoots with the custom guy ?
Damn bro Enquirey minds want to know !!!!
Xchoke do yourself a favor and just rent a boat down there and have fun , your in there country and its there way or no way
Old 03-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Registered

I have been to Nassau, PI no less then 8 times and never saw any boat rentals. Anybody have a lead ?? Google didn't pan out .

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Bahamas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.