Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
Offshore Catamaran of the Year - Powerboat Mag >

Offshore Catamaran of the Year - Powerboat Mag

Notices

Offshore Catamaran of the Year - Powerboat Mag

Old 05-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

They have to cater to the advertisers. I think everyone gets something as long as they pay along with the ads.

Teague is nothing more than a tester. The staff makes these decisions and they not him write the articles.

Who knows, the 30' just might be a great boat. The best doesn't have to be the biggest does it?
Old 05-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NASCAT bought that one. From what I understand it is really nice. Maybe he can chime in.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skater40
The other boat, a 44 mti must of had some serious issues to have them choose a 30 skater for offshore of the year.Probably what happened was the 30 skater spanked it.
Alot of of very nice, high quality boats out there, and the 'other boat, a 44 mti' is an awesome boat.

But foot for foot, pound for pound, hp for hp, its Skater all the way!
Old 05-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Gentlemen,

I may be the proud new owner but I certainly can't take credit for the way the boat was spec'd & built, that credit belongs to Mr. Brown who was the original owner and the impeccable workmanship the folks at Skater put into it.

The boat is at the factory now as I had them add a bow storage compartment to it.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Gentlemen,

I may be the proud new owner but I certainly can't take credit for the way the boat was spec'd & built, that credit belongs to Mr. Brown who was the original owner and the impeccable workmanship the folks at Skater put into it.

The boat is at the factory now as I had them add a bow storage compartment to it.
CONGRATS on owning that awesome boat !!! I would love to see some pics of the storage area when it is completed !! Curious to see what could be done up there.
Thanks in advance.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Xchoke03
CONGRATS on owning that awesome boat !!! I would love to see some pics of the storage area when it is completed !! Curious to see what could be done up there.
Thanks in advance.
Xchoke,

For simplicity & cost savings sake I opted for a standard Skater sized hatch located in the center of the deck b/c the boat is white there & would be easier to match the paint. Obviously 2 storage lockers one over each sponson gives you the most useable space plus access to the bow area. I only have the space between the deck & the tunnel which isn't much (see pic) not to mention the fact that there's a stringer up the middle. Skater said they'd get creative w/ a net or piece of canvas in order to keep the items stored within reach. Is it the ideal solution No but it certainly is providing me some additional space the boat currently doesn't have.

Michael
Attached Thumbnails Offshore Catamaran of the Year - Powerboat Mag-starboard-sponson.jpg  
Old 05-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Nascat, you sold the new 32 Spectre to buy the 30 Skater?

Just curious what your feedback is. But it sounds like you have not run the boat yet.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pro1
Nascat, you sold the new 32 Spectre to buy the 30 Skater?

Just curious what your feedback is. But it sounds like you have not run the boat yet.
The answer to your question is YES.

Spectre for Skater!

Only sea trialed the boat 1x on Lake Cumberland back in Jan.

My Spectre was a very nice well rounded boat but I think of it more as luxury sports car like a Nissan 350Z as opposed to the more business rigging & appointments found in a true sports car like a Porsche or Ferrari.

I wanted a better poker run suited boat.

The Spectre had 625's the Skater 710's
Old 05-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Registered

I'm in the Process of making an aft cabin in my 32 Classic OB Skater ! Spoke to Peter about it and said a few people have done that . I'm also installing a cat box !! AKA Toilet
Old 05-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Registered

My only other mod is some access panels cut in the bulkhead behind the rear seats. Solution yet to be determined but both engines are pretty tight to the front of the bilge & I assure you getting to the sea pump on the Port Eng is about impossible. God forbid you drop something there's no telling whether you can find a way to reach it.
Attached Thumbnails Offshore Catamaran of the Year - Powerboat Mag-skater-30-ilmor-port.jpg   Offshore Catamaran of the Year - Powerboat Mag-bench-storage1.jpg  

Quick Reply: Offshore Catamaran of the Year - Powerboat Mag

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.