Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
Memorial Weekend Pics ?? >

Memorial Weekend Pics ??

Notices

Memorial Weekend Pics ??

Old 05-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great pics App !! Damn that is some pretty water !!
Old 05-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Xchoke03
Great pics App !! Damn that is some pretty water !!
Patrick,

I lived and boated in NJ, barnegat Bay area, all of my life until 2002, and I do miss some things about NJ boating;however, the water, the beaches, the islands, the marine life, it is pretty amazing down here.

Check out some of the pics I have taken at http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...149139&page=13

Any side by side comparission data on the props?
Old 05-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 23 Posts

I didnt have my camera this weekend and there were more Skaters than ever on Texoma. 46, 36, 368, 32 Classic and a 28.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
Patrick,

I lived and boated in NJ, barnegat Bay area, all of my life until 2002, and I do miss some things about NJ boating;however, the water, the beaches, the islands, the marine life, it is pretty amazing down here.

Check out some of the pics I have taken at http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...149139&page=13

Any side by side comparission data on the props?
Wow, those pictures are amazing. Living in Paradise !! My Brother in law is building a home just North of Port St Lucie and I have an Uncle that just moved to the Tampa area. I plan to do some visiting this winter !!

As far as comps I did nothing formal at all. I can tell you for sure the boat is quicker of the go like a bat out of hell, drives much smoother and fealt noticeably faster. I will hopefully soon get a day and do a true recording of all the speeds at different RPMs with both sets .

One thing I noticed that I did not before was the porpoise like action the boat did at around 4 to 4200 rpms and 70 to 74 MPH. I never noticed this before with the 3 blades.
I am new to this type of performance so any info you guys could share on what I was noticing is greatly appreciated. What causes it ? Should I be trying to trim out of it ?? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ExcaliburHawk40
I didnt have my camera this weekend and there were more Skaters than ever on Texoma. 46, 36, 368, 32 Classic and a 28.
DAMN Ex !!!! You owe us some pictures !!!
Old 05-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Registered

Is that 2.4 MPG per engine ? I would think on my 32 MPG would be close to that .
Old 05-27-2008, 05:19 PM
Registered

X-choke , what pitch were your 3 blades and what are the 5 blades ? I knew for sure they would be much quicker but is mid range cruise MPH better or worse than before ? How much were they ?

Larry
Old 05-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Xchoke03
Wow, those pictures are amazing. Living in Paradise !! My Brother in law is building a home just North of Port St Lucie and I have an Uncle that just moved to the Tampa area. I plan to do some visiting this winter !!

As far as comps I did nothing formal at all. I can tell you for sure the boat is quicker of the go like a bat out of hell, drives much smoother and fealt noticeably faster. I will hopefully soon get a day and do a true recording of all the speeds at different RPMs with both sets .

One thing I noticed that I did not before was the porpoise like action the boat did at around 4 to 4200 rpms and 70 to 74 MPH. I never noticed this before with the 3 blades.
I am new to this type of performance so any info you guys could share on what I was noticing is greatly appreciated. What causes it ? Should I be trying to trim out of it ?? Thanks in advance.
As noted in a previous post , you may have to raise your engine heights due to the fact that you get more lift with the 5 blades you need to find out what rake the blades are (18 deg , 20 deg etc. ) and what your water pressure is .
Old 05-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by activatorf1
Is that 2.4 MPG per engine ? I would think on my 32 MPG would be close to that .
NO. I get 2.3-2.4mpg, total.

For example, on the FMO run, I ran 141.5 miles, and burned a total of 60.4 gallons. I got 2.34mph on that day.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by activatorf1
X-choke , what pitch were your 3 blades and what are the 5 blades ? I knew for sure they would be much quicker but is mid range cruise MPH better or worse than before ? How much were they ?

Larry
Old set are - 14.5 X 32p 3 blade Labbed Merc Cleavers

New set are - 14.50 x 30P 5 Blade Throttle Up CNC ($1850 per)

I can only report by feeling for now as I did not properly document but I honestly feel the new blades out perform the others in EVERY aspect. I have no tie to Throttle Up other then being a 1 time customer, but to me feel it was the best money I have speant on my boat to date.

Quick Reply: Memorial Weekend Pics ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.