Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
36 Skater Project >

36 Skater Project

Notices

36 Skater Project

Old 05-14-2014, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

The 2.5s' are a piece of cake to rebuild. Much simpler than a 4 stroke with a valvetrain. I don't have any experience with the 300s' so I don't have an opinion on them.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by skate

Sounds like we should just be happy with what good ole Merc set up for us. But I sure do want to be that 2-3 mph faster than LA when we finally get to boat together! Lol
lol three motors will do it easily I say go for it

oh and mine goes only as fast as the truck will pull it right now...lower sitting on the back seat floor board of my dodge right now

Last edited by LAriverratt; 05-14-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

If you guys would come down here and run in the ocean with us on a normal day top speed wont matter. 80mph will be fast enough!
Not this lake and river stuff LOL
Old 05-14-2014, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
lol three motors will do it easily I say go for it

oh and mine goes only as fast as the truck will pull it right now...lower sitting on the back seat floor board of my dodge right now
So does that means you still had intrusion issues even with the new seal and vent kit??
Old 05-14-2014, 01:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
If you guys would come down here and run in the ocean with us on a normal day top speed wont matter. 80mph will be fast enough!
Not this lake and river stuff LOL
Tell you what we will come south if you come north to LOTO on Shootout Weekend. We can compare water then!
Old 05-14-2014, 02:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I would love to come down sometime double! real ocean running right?
no water intrusion that I could tell. There was a hint of H2O but it was very, very little so it was prolly just what I didn't clean out before the seal upgrade. Bearings in the port side sound awful rough and I don't like the amount of slack in the prop shaft either. Pulled them both and just dropped them off at Simons in Gonzales to go through. Hopefully no gear problems. The boat was run in salt water and when I drained the lowers before I took it out it had some water in the port lower so I'm thinking the bearings got pitted due to sitting up with salt water in the lower.

I went to loto the first year I had the sunny for the shootout....great time and the water does get nasty, wife hated that part LOL.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by skate
Tell you what we will come south if you come north to LOTO on Shootout Weekend. We can compare water then!
Hopefully next year when the motors are done. Would love to make a run on the 1 mile course and have some fun with you guys... I bring my ballast! LOL
Old 05-14-2014, 09:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Hopefully next year when the motors are done. Would love to make a run on the 1 mile course and have some fun with you guys... I bring my ballast! LOL
No ballast allowed. This is definitely a testosterone weekend!

Sorry for the thread hijack. Now back to regularly scheduled posting.

I did reserve two rooms at Camden tonight so you guys needed to fix'm up hitch'm up and drag them to LOTO.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

what would be really nice is if all us outboard guys could make it to loto one year! I may be able to do it next year but this year there's just way too much cr@p on the calendar already (don't tell my wife I called it cr@p )
Old 05-15-2014, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Noli, Shaun installed a modified exhaust tuner, light weight flywheel, water crossover system so I don't lose water pressure in turns, installed a water dump on the side of the bottom pan of cowling(helps keep water spray off the motor) When I first went to Shaun, my cruising speed @5000 was 80mph and my WOT was 105mph.......after Shaun cruising @5000. 90mph. ....and WOT is 116mph. ......"Maritime eng" OSO member was on board for the run........Shaun said out of the all the 28Skater he has worked on or driving. ..my hull is the fastest...
My experience with Shaun was Class Act.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.