28 skater water ramps

Notices

28 skater water ramps

Old 06-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamboater
That's ugly! Perfect excuse to send the lowers to Diamond marine! Ask them to fix and slightly lengthen your skegs and move your water pick ups back.
Interesting thread...,.Thanks !

What does diamond do with the water pickups ? How much does the water pressure change with the modification ?

Longer skags make sense.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no idea what they would charge now. I know 2 years ago it was very reasonable. I don't have it done to my boat but have a friend that did it. From what he told me it's a very noticeable difference. He said he could raise them as high as he wanted even to high where he had a ton of prop slip and still keep enough psi on a 300x to prevent the buzzer from going off.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by dreamboater
I have no idea what they would charge now. I know 2 years ago it was very reasonable. I don't have it done to my boat but have a friend that did it. From what he told me it's a very noticeable difference. He said he could raise them as high as he wanted even to high where he had a ton of prop slip and still keep enough psi on a 300x to prevent the buzzer from going off.
Thanks.....It would be interesting to compare the two solutions, hull bottom to lower unit.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CcanDo
Thanks.....It would be interesting to compare the two solutions, hull bottom to lower unit.
the lower unit mod is the trick. The hull notches are really easy so maybe try that first. Most people don't run their motors that high
the while time rather just for a radar run.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:12 AM
Registered

If someone could post a picture of the water pickup mods that would be nice.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BMCCRAY
If someone could post a picture of the water pickup mods that would be nice.
Brad take a look @ my Skater @ the storage facility.My ramps were done @ Skater.
Steve
Old 06-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoresteve
Brad take a look @ my Skater @ the storage facility.My ramps were done @ Skater.
Steve
My ramps that I posted photos of were done at Skater this year. Are your ramps different?
Old 06-05-2010, 08:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CcanDo
I have compared the 2 the water ramps are not needed if you do the lower mods and you can run 2 inches of height with just the lowers done. both ways work for water pressure I think the drive is a better way to go if you really want every mph but then again you just might not see it. the hull mod is easy.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the ramps But with the cross winds my water psi still would drop.So me and Rob at HTG racing did a mod to my lowers and it's fine now Iam going to rase my motors up to 1 7/8 and try it.If somebody can post pics for me that would be great just send me your email.
Ray
Old 06-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Registered

Hey Jim, its Chummy... could you post a picture of the water pickups on your gearcases? Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.