Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

http://www.screamandfly.com/forum.php
Old 08-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
The motor is strong and will hang with the x with the right combo and set up. Only thing missing is 500 more rpm on the top end.
If you prop it right the stroker will actually have more bottom end than the x. It has always been a great debate. Aside from flat water I would put my set up against any 300x in rough water any day. Not to mention on a long run they will stop for gas......
Curious about that does the 300xs make more torque on the low end? The best setup 300x boats are running high teens to 120. Even trimmed way negative they are running around 110-112 you would really have to show me that one.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamboater
Curious about that does the 300xs make more torque on the low end? The best setup 300x boats are running high teens to 120. Even trimmed way negative they are running around 110-112 you would really have to show me that one.
I agree there is no doubt that a 300x powered 28 will out run a 300xs powered boat on the top end. But having rigged and rode in 300x powered Skaters the XS is not a bad package if you use your boat a lot and do not want to pay if you blow it up Not to mention the fuel savings. Regardless of the numbers people post regarding MPH they are just numbers. HP equals MPH. Do the math and look at the torque curves on the dyno. I have. The margin is smaller than you think. Plug it in to the calculator. The XS requires a totally different set up to perform.