Questions >

Questions

Notices

Questions

Old 08-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blume
Was at the Skater factory today and they have a 30' that is getting a refit with 710hp Ilmor's and Indy drives. I could build you a new 30' or 32' Skater with Mercury 700SCI's and NXT drives. Or any motor combination with Arneson drives.............let me know if you need help.

Thanks for the offer, I take it your a Skater dealer?
Old 08-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=AppSysCons;3174699]Here is one (a 30) with LS7 and X-Power drives. I have been in this one, and she is a runner:

I read the thread on this boat very cool build!
Old 08-04-2010, 09:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NMBullet
Nice ride! What is below the deck? Any type of cabin or?
no cabin
Old 08-04-2010, 09:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks for the offer, I take it your a Skater dealer?
yes, call me 903-814-8848
Old 08-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was thinking arnesons would be the ticket! What is the weight savings over a #6?
1/2.... And that is before you add in the transmissions to the #6's which I am putting in the Arneson's weight.

The NXT and #6's, Bravo's and basically any I/O require the engines to be mounted so high it negatively affects the balance of the boat, especially in the turns.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:44 PM
Registered

Hey Dave C:

Got ya thinking about a fast cat to go along with your V-Bottom rocket.

Rik at Arneson can quote you any Skater hull you want with Sterlings and put the drives on in one shot... so you will be in the money on top speed right out of the box.

It is really one stop shopping sorry BLUME! NMBullet is a friend of mine... why shop in two different stores when you can do it all in one place.

I mean why re-invent the formula Rik has the tried and true boat setup right in his shop. If you want to go the inboard route on that hull platform 30/32 foot Skater. Rik has the recipe for success any doubts look at his avatar.

KAP

P.S. Seriously, Dave give me a call if your really up for pulling the trigger on a Skater cat... see you next month in Havasu!

Last edited by kap328; 08-04-2010 at 11:46 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 152 Likes on 66 Posts

Yes they have, here is a 30' Skater with Sterling 650hp and XR bravo drives.
Thought those were 700s?
Old 08-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Registered

yes, call me 903-814-8848

Thanks ill do that.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik
1/2.... And that is before you add in the transmissions to the #6's which I am putting in the Arneson's weight.

The NXT and #6's, Bravo's and basically any I/O require the engines to be mounted so high it negatively affects the balance of the boat, especially in the turns.
I was guessing that on the weight savings, and im sure the handling would be affected with that much weight difference! How it handles would be more important to me than all out speed. Thanks for the help ill give you a ring tomorrow and pick your brain.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kap328
Hey Dave C:

Got ya thinking about a fast cat to go along with your V-Bottom rocket.

Rik at Arneson can quote you any Skater hull you want with Sterlings and put the drives on in one shot... so you will be in the money on top speed right out of the box.

It is really one stop shopping sorry BLUME! NMBullet is a friend of mine... why shop in two different stores when you can do it all in one place.

I mean why re-invent the formula Rik has the tried and true boat setup right in his shop. If you want to go the inboard route on that hull platform 30/32 foot Skater. Rik has the recipe for success any doubts look at his avatar.

KAP

P.S. Seriously, Dave give me a call if your really up for pulling the trigger on a Skater cat... see you next month in Havasu!

Hello Kap, you caught me. I have been thinking of a true go fast cat for sometime. Just starting my research, I have some goal's. Just seeing which combo will make those a reality along with some creature comforts so im not riding in a race boat on my day off at the lake.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.