Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Unique looking & equipped Skater 30.
What power is in that boat?
Sterling 750's and those Arnesons you said that don't work
Old 08-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Come on Rik I never said that, in fact I contacted you a few months back inquiring about a boat w/ Arnesons I was very seriously interested in.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Come on Rik I never said that, in fact I contacted you a few months back inquiring about a boat w/ Arnesons I was very seriously interested in.
My bad, I seem to remember a conversation at the Miami boat show with you and Sonny. hmmmm.....

Anyways, each his own. It's all good. You'll be happy with your setup, Dale is way more than happy with his and in the end all's well that ends well.

Be safe..
Old 08-13-2010, 11:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My oh my that's some kinda kool Skate......
Old 08-16-2010, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
My bad, I seem to remember a conversation at the Miami boat show with you and Sonny. hmmmm.....

Anyways, each his own. It's all good. You'll be happy with your setup, Dale is way more than happy with his and in the end all's well that ends well.

Be safe..
Rik,

The only concern I've ever had about owning an Arneson equipped boat has been resale value not b/c they aren't quality pieces or reliable but I think it's fair to say that the avg boater & especially the less knowledgeable / hobby boater are most comfortable w/ the Mercury product. This same theory applies to Ilmor engines. We barely have anyone capable of servicing a Bravo XR drive where I boat, when I owned the Pantera w/ the KE/Sterling engine no one wanted to work on it. Didn't make it an inferior product just less desirable & tougher resale for me.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nascat:

I have been watching your project and I like the ILMOR power you have chosen. However, there was many a time I wanted to tell you [stop] put some Arnesons on it and be done.

The blueprint for a successful combination on that hull is Rayzor's boat----this brings to mind the old saying why reinvent the wheel.

Your boat would be unique with the ILMOR power and servicing should not be problem. Plus if you had Arnesons on it you could service them yourself because I doubt anything would go wrong with those drives given the power your putting to them.

KAP
P.S. Nascat you will have a awesome boat---nevertheless I want to see how it does top end wise.

P.P.S. Hey Rik how fast does Rayzors boat go i.e.. GPS w/photos no fantasy numbers.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear discussion about Arneson, and other non MR re-sale value all the time, ... the "avg boater & especially the less knowledgeable / hobby boater", ... thats not (or perhaps should not be) the target buyers for these boats.

Personally, my next boat will get serious consideration about non MR power and drive systems.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Banned

"Hey Rik how fast does Rayzors boat go..."

IIRC 150+

Last edited by Catmando; 08-22-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
I hear discussion about Arneson, and other non MR re-sale value all the time, ... the "avg boater & especially the less knowledgeable / hobby boater", ... thats not (or perhaps should not be) the target buyers for these boats.

Personally, my next boat will get serious consideration about non MR power and drive systems.
In your neck of the woods there's two builders I would look at; Ron Potter and Tommy Hofstetter(Chief).
Old 08-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Catmando
In your neck of the woods there's two builders I would look at; Ron Potter and Tommy Hofstetter(Chief).
You are correct about those two.

I know them both, and each is top notch.

Ron is about 40 miles north of me, and and Tommy is on the east coast about 3.5 hours away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.