Skater 30 Race/Pleasure Spotted in Sacramento

Old 08-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dkwestern
800+ WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are saying the 725 is actually making close to 800 already so 800 would not be a stretch to make it official.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
They are saying the 725 is actually making close to 800 already so 800 would not be a stretch to make it official.
From what I've heard its going to be more than 800. Awesome motors!!
Old 08-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
I believe ILMOR 725's are closer to 750. I wanna believe the next evolution will be from a clean sheet of paper. My guess would be a Miami 2011 at best debut but maybe not b/c I know ILMOR likes to make sure anything they introduce into the market is proven.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoverGuy04
Well, after doing a little research I was able to find quite a bit of information regarding the Skater. Thanks for the replies guy's, and Rik, you truly put this boat in a class of its own. If that boat were to be built a second time I wouldn't do it any differently. Right down to the foot throttle! I am hopeful that Dale makes another trip up to Sacramento so I can have a second chance at getting closer to the boat. That would be a ride I would happily pay for. Pretty cool to see the reactions of other boater's on the river when he was idling around...

Comment:

I agree with you RoverGuy04 if I were building a 30 Skater this would be the one to imitate the only thing different would be which trailer and colors.

The canopies would also be changed out to a full wrap around windscreen from Aeromarine.

That is about all I can think of... kinda like a Porsche get it right the first time then simple refinements. I always wonder why people didn't copy this exemplar more ie... add different power plant such as ILMORS with the Arnesons or perhaps a 525CID BBC Blower motor with 3.3Litre Whipples on it.

The blower motors would make this boat fly--- almost too insane because I hear it is hella fast already. No problem I would learn to fly it on the water if that were the case.

KAP