Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
Skater Sales Decorum??! >

Skater Sales Decorum??!

Notices

Skater Sales Decorum??!

Old 08-31-2011, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally I dont want to call sellers. I want the basic info via email. If I'm interested, I'll request additional info via email. This way I have evrything in writing. I send my name and contact info if/when I'm read to hand over a pile of cash. I've had many sellers over the years tell me they didn't think I was all that serious about buying an item, but once I decide I want something, I just close the deal that quick.

So you're interested party(s) could be a clown, but it could also be someone ready to pull the trigger... you never know.

I personally try to avoid brokers if possible. They are often lazy, arrogant, condescending, don't return emails/calls, and eat up a lot of coin for doing very little. Not all are like this, but many sure fit the profile!

Last edited by SS930; 08-31-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by blume
get a broker
best advice
Old 08-31-2011, 06:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Or.... Call the largest brokers. If you have a nice boat, they'll buy it. May not be what you want money wise. In my case I was fed up with potential buyers. Shogren bought my 46 cig. It was 2 or 3 phone conversations, a mechanical/structural inspection, and he came got the boat. Deal was done in one week start to finish. I was happy with the deal, may not have been top dollar but sure was easy
Old 08-31-2011, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when I put something up for sale I create a page with every pic from every angle and every piece of info I know on said vehicle ,
any inquiries get the link to that page ,
at the end of that page it states that any further inquiry without a phone number will be ignored...
Always sold what I advertise like this with a minimum of hassle,
maybe I may not get the guy that only deals by email but there are plenty of buyers out there if what you have is worth it to put up with any kind of bs from anyone
Old 09-01-2011, 06:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
I may not get the guy that only deals by email but there are plenty of buyers out there if what you have is worth it to put up with any kind of bs from anyone
Actually I would disagree, there arent a lot of buyers out there these days, especially ones with money and willing to part with it!

To compound this, the higher the price tag, the more the field of potential buyers thins. I this case the seller has a very big ticket item, so the potential field of buyers is very, very small. The last thing I would be doing is alienating any buyers by saying phone calls only... especially since there's a very good chance the buyer might be contacting the seller from overseas and may not speak a lick of English!

Another observation... Sellers put your 'realistic' asking price in your ad! It doesn't have to be your bottom dollar, but don't throw a number out there that's artificially high either as it very well could scare off potential buyers too.

Either way, get a realistic price in your ad!!! Many would be buyers (myself included) will seldom contact a seller if no price is listed. Most buyers know 99% of the time the seller wants way to much for an item if the price isn't shown.

Why alienate potential buyers by not listing the price? In fact I've never understood for the life of me why someone wouldn't list the asking price, you're trying to sell something right? Hell, I've even had to play the price is right game with sellers to get a real number out of them, but after a lot of wasted time on both sides, I've found they wanted absolute top dollar for their item.

Do everyone a favor and put a realistic price in your ad... Remember there will always be a lot of tire kickers out there, but you never know where the real buyer will come from, or how they will want to communicate with you.

Last edited by SS930; 09-01-2011 at 06:33 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fountainfan42
did you sell yours yet Blume ? new pics look sweet
Which one? Boats are selling.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Find out as much as you can via e-mail, pictures, then go look at it yourself!!! Very simple and effective. I've traveled cross-country multiple times if I really wanted something. Dave
Old 09-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Registered

All great ideas, I think we may have someone real, too much interest, and we are willing to take a fountain super v in on trade. we want to race without getting wide load permits....yes yes i know tilt trailer...but super vee is more fun, the 46 is like sitting on a couch at 199+ we want to fly

call me if you want a 46 cheap with a lid and this deal doesnt go through
Old 09-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TOASTY
the 46 is like sitting on a couch at 199+
Good one. Gotta remember that
Old 09-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Registered

turned up it most likely has 210+ under the hood. But we set it up consertative for now! reliable like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.