Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
IS THIS ...ferr reel?...and is it a DEAL ??... >

IS THIS ...ferr reel?...and is it a DEAL ??...

Notices

IS THIS ...ferr reel?...and is it a DEAL ??...

Old 01-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterFiberglass
THX 302 .... AT LEAST there is ONE straight-shooter here ! .... winter time and snow ? ... MANY of the answers to this topic can-be-accused of being JUST THAT... LOL ...

But there are a couple of Q's that still remain. Can anyone else help me with those ?
The boat was bought in good shape running strong roughly 4 yrs ago for around 80k in Lake Norman. The guy took good care of it but in the end had motor issues and let it go to repo.

Im sure the reason it didnt get on plane was do to the motor issues, if they have since been rebuilt, im sure its good to go. With 2 running motors, the boat gets on plane fine, and although i never rode in it, i have friends who did, and i believe the boat will run 135-140mph
Old 01-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer35
The boat was bought in good shape running strong roughly 4 yrs ago for around 80k in Lake Norman. The guy took good care of it but in the end had motor issues and let it go to repo.

Im sure the reason it didnt get on plane was do to the motor issues, if they have since been rebuilt, im sure its good to go. With 2 running motors, the boat gets on plane fine, and although i never rode in it, i have friends who did, and i believe the boat will run 135-140mph
When my Friend was looking at that boat he contacted the previous owner in SC, He said the boat ran 140.When we test rode it here in Ga, the owner was Very Arrogant, I asked him how much boost the motors pulled, he replied we don't look at the gauges when running in the Ocean...Wtf, he said you guys here in your pond (Lake Lanier) might, but we don't. He then proceeded to drive the boat over the concrete ramp,gouging the #5 Skeg and bent the prop.....I was laughing my ass off!!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoresteve
When my Friend was looking at that boat he contacted the previous owner in SC, He said the boat ran 140.When we test rode it here in Ga, the owner was Very Arrogant, I asked him how much boost the motors pulled, he replied we don't look at the gauges when running in the Ocean...Wtf, he said you guys here in your pond (Lake Lanier) might, but we don't. He then proceeded to drive the boat over the concrete ramp,gouging the #5 Skeg and bent the prop.....I was laughing my ass off!!
i believe your talking about the guy who bought the boat from the Repo lot, what i know about the boat is pre repo
Old 01-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoresteve
Great Story LOL !!!
Old 01-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Registered

SOUNDS LIKE SOMEBODY NEEDS A HUG !!!!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
lol winters here
for him anyways LMFAO

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Old 01-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok serious question. Have you looked into insurance? Fist time cat owner?
Old 01-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by KEVLARKAT32
SOUNDS LIKE SOMEBODY NEEDS A HUG !!!!!!

Old 01-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 298 Likes on 142 Posts

I'll bet not......
Old 01-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Ok serious question. Have you looked into insurance? Fist time cat owner?
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's tomorrows thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.