Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
IS THIS ...ferr reel?...and is it a DEAL ??... >

IS THIS ...ferr reel?...and is it a DEAL ??...

Notices

IS THIS ...ferr reel?...and is it a DEAL ??...

Old 01-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
All b.s. aside. The "no insurance" and "common sense" comments are perhaps the most reckless statements I've read since the inception of the internet. I'm speechless...
You can lead the horse to water............ Ah, forget it. The fact that he did not consider your answers serious, says it all. Oh, wait, he owns a Hydrostream, he should be throttleman for Miss Geico. HFSCYB.

Last edited by A.O. Razor; 01-04-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts

[QUOTE=SS930;3585469]Are you a Fugly???

Not me......but.......
Old 01-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
You can lead the horse to water............ Ah, forget it. The fact that he did not consider your answers serious, says it all. Oh, wait, he owns a Hydrostream, he should be throttleman for Miss Geico. HFSCYB.
Yup. Hydrostreams are small and fast. I couldn't imagine not having myself, my passengers or bystanders covered in case of an accident.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Registered

Yup. Hydrostreams are small and fast. I couldn't imagine not having myself, my passengers or bystanders covered in case of an accident.
As true as can be + I've driven Hydrostreams. It does in no way prepare you for or react/drive like a fast cat. It's a bit like thinking, if you can drive a car fast, hey you can go out and do the same in a boat. Not so, very, very different. Ignorance is your worst enemy.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 304 Likes on 146 Posts

There's also the common sense factor. Just because it has big motors doesn't mean you have to rip on the thing. There was a local guy this summer that bought a skater that could run 160mph and I don't think he ever went over 120 in the thing because he didn't have cat experience. It doesn't mean he shouldn't have bought the boat. Practice makes perfect Nd as long as you take it cautious and slow you should be all right. Just make sure you fight the urge to mash the throttles when somebody goes by.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
There's also the common sense factor. Just because it has big motors doesn't mean you have to rip on the thing. There was a local guy this summer that bought a skater that could run 160mph and I don't think he ever went over 120 in the thing because he didn't have cat experience. It doesn't mean he shouldn't have bought the boat. Practice makes perfect Nd as long as you take it cautious and slow you should be all right. Just make sure you fight the urge to mash the throttles when somebody goes by.
yeah that'll work Sport kinda like wearing a blindfold to a str!p club hah

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Old 01-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts

There was a local guy this summer that bought an OL that could run 120mph and I don't think he ever went over 60 in the thing because he didn't have vee experience. Just make sure you fight the urge to mash the throttles when somebody goes by.
Fixed.....who was that? Scot?
Old 01-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Registered

Common sense plays out at any level of experience. People don't just wake up one day and say " hey I'm gonna get me one of them Skat-eer boats" and if they do I pray that they have the sense to do it right and obtain the proper training and insurance. Kinda like going out and buying a Cirrus loading it up with your family and practicing till you get it right LOL. If this dude is really serious that's great. I'm sure many will help him along the way if he goes about it in an educated manner.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
Fixed.....who was that? Scot?
here we go ...................

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Old 01-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 304 Likes on 146 Posts

Kinda like going out and buying a Cirrus loading it up with your family and practicing till you get it right LOL.
How the hell do you know about that???? Those things are the worst and I have picked up more of them in the last couple of years than any other airplane. Every one is pilot error.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.