Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
skater prices >

skater prices

Notices

skater prices

Old 11-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not trying to fan the flames here but I absolutely love when people come on a forum, express that they are new here, that they're trying to get into boats and building boats for a living and want opinions. So the knowledgeable (and not so knowledgable I'll put myself in that category) guys on here spend time giving said person their advice because they have been there and done that and the person in question proceeds to tell these seasoned performance boaters that they don't know what they are talking about because it wasn't what they wanted to hear. Then proceeds to tell these guys that boats with extensive damage can be fixed on the cheap by some sort of secret technique that will revolutionize the fiberglass repair world, and he has designed this process from his many years of working with glass (although he is only 19 which hey it's great to be 19 and doing what you love and gaining experience but I'll tell you this, I'm 30, a master electrician and have been in the field 13 years and I haven't experienced everything my trade has to over (albeit close to everything) you won't be able to pull off a project of this magnitude because you have yet to gain the experience needed to have people trust you with thousands upon thousands of their money, and working on someone's million dollar boat doesn't mean they trust you with their boat it means they trust your boss and your bosses insurance with their property. Trust me I deal with this with my helpers on a daily basis. Your boss is responsible for you and what you do at work much like I'm responsible for my helpers.

So take the advice from the people on here, find a smaller performance boat for free or cheap, piece it together and try and break even, or make a small profit. Then you will know exactly what dollars and cents it takes to build a boat. and don't say you know because you don't know until you have built an actual boat. Not a jet ski or a dirt bike or scooter. But an actual performance boat start to finish, then you can learn by experience of what works and what doesn't. Then decide from that process how you want to tackle the next one.

Wow I've wrote way too much on a post I don't care enough about. My good deed for the year, now I'm going to go push a nun down some steps.

Good luck in your future endeavors
Old 11-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by baditude
see you there! I will so buy a beer and pretzel from you!

lmao!!!
Old 12-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 169 Likes on 75 Posts

This was a good read. Have to being this to the top lol
Old 12-18-2013, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did ya buy the boat?
Old 12-18-2013, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 83 Posts

working on it actually. just holding out on it until i find a new space to rent because my shop right now only has a 10' door and i need a 13' due to the 12' beam. Im also trying to figure out 'legal' way to get around duty because im not paying duty on that price just to get it into the states. making motions though.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:56 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by mickeymcclgn
Wow I've wrote way too much on a post I don't care enough about. My good deed for the year, now I'm going to go push a nun down some steps.
Dear Lord, I can't believe I missed this post/line last month. I just spit grape juice all over my office. LMFAO! I guess I'm buying paint this weekend. It's my own fault for drinking grape juice and reading the this forum though.

Maybe someone has a revolutionary way to paint walls they can suggest?
Old 12-18-2013, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 83 Posts

you see, im not going to get sucked into a thread thats going to come back because its winter, BUT, lets just say for a second that i did get sucked in, do YOU have any idea how to make a PERFECT mold of a boat that lets just say has a 8' hole the total height of the hull with changing contours, shape and accommodating steps in the hull with in an hour and be able to lay up the kevlar, carbon and glass to take the beating of a boat like that would? AND be able to take that mold off next day? Because i sure do! and we've done it before on a boat screwed up worse than the mixed emotions boat.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:55 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Holy **** !!!!! Lmao !!!!!!
Old 12-20-2013, 10:46 AM
Registered

Not sure if this is funny or sad. Definitely entertaining. Can I have the last 15 min back?
Old 12-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 294 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax
you see, im not going to get sucked into a thread thats going to come back because its winter, BUT, lets just say for a second that i did get sucked in, do YOU have any idea how to make a PERFECT mold of a boat that lets just say has a 8' hole the total height of the hull with changing contours, shape and accommodating steps in the hull with in an hour and be able to lay up the kevlar, carbon and glass to take the beating of a boat like that would? AND be able to take that mold off next day? Because i sure do! and we've done it before on a boat screwed up worse than the mixed emotions boat.
so what exactly is your idea here . . . . .
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.