Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
V Bottom Skater Rumor >

V Bottom Skater Rumor

Notices

V Bottom Skater Rumor

Old 08-16-2002, 04:29 PM
John Houghton

Cool V Bottom Skater Rumor

I just wanted to let all of you Skater fans know the rumor of the 399 V bottom Skater is true. Our dealership has just ordered the first one available to the public which is currently in the mold. The boat is being sold only through Skater dealers and was designed ground up by Pete. This boat will feature a full cabin, #6 drives, and big power. Look out Outerlimits!!!! This will be hull #2 as the first boat Skater is going to keep as a F-2 race boat with a cut down deck. Our 399 will be completed in February and is the only one on order to my knowledge. For more info contact John Houghton @ Extreme Offshore Marine www.extremeoffshore.com 410-939-7562 (Our new website will be running by next week stay tuned

Old 08-26-2002, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John,
I can not understand why Skater would want to make a V, I went for a ride last weekend (on the potomac) in the 32 you guys have for sale w/575's, not my first tunnel ride (grew up on a 21 eliminator) however, that was the best damn ride I have ever had. The boat ran 118 on gps which suprised the hell out of me (small motors for mph), although it was very calm day we crossed a few cruiser waves and the boat handled them with no problem. Skater seems to own the tunnel world, if you can afford them, I don't see how or why they would want to compete with the Big V Hull models, it better run good for 500,000 (what motors does that include?) I wouldnt let your customers ride a skater tunnel if you are trying to sell them a V, no match in performance.
Old 08-27-2002, 02:18 PM
John Houghton

Cool

Dreamboater:

Pete Hledin has made the fastet cat hulls in the industry but to most his V bottom hulls are a surprise. For years Pete has modified Fountain hulls and others including almost all if not all of the Fountain hulls that are current record holders. After recently visiting the Skater factory all of the tradesman in the shop are very proud their Hulls are used in so many of the competitions boats. This is just speculation but I imagine Pete is looking quite forward to having his name on a complete ground up Skater V bottom.

As for the price the 399 it is very comparible to an Outerlimits which is in direct competition to this boat. These boats are at the top of the V bottom spectrum and are the fastest of their kind. I just returned from 1000 islands poker run and I spoke with Paul and Mike Fiore of Outerlimits and there 42GTX is a potential 150mph V bottom. Speeds Saturday were into the 140's at times for this boat. So there is definately a place in the market for this type of V bottom and they do handle exceptionally well. Some people like the extra accomadations the V bottoms offer and others just prefer that classic look. Stay tuned to our website for upcoming pictures of our 399 as it should be out of the mold within 2 weeks. (www.extremeoffshore.com) John Houghton 410-939-7562.

P.S. I am really glad you enjoyed your ride on the 32. On the last leg of the run I jumped behind the wheel for the first time in that boat and what a drive it was. We were running with a 377 Talon and a full canopied V bottom race boat @ 112mph and made a few very tight turns at over 100mph. These boats handle so well and really do lean into the turns.