Notices

Skater 32B

Old 04-26-2021, 07:34 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by obrien
dean I have a great idea
I say, we pull the engines and drives from the spectre. get the setup right on the skater with the whipple 500's and you can give me one of the 500s from the skater to put in my old maelstrom
OB,
I prefer to just sell the Spectre as is, and I'm going to get with you this fall, and we are going to pull the 500EFI's and send them to Ateco for his 500EFI upgrade. And remember, I have a pair of 2001 HP500 carbs, (freshwater from CO, w/ 60 hrs on them) that are sitting Mystic that you can get 1 from me!
Skater Dean
Old 05-06-2021, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

now that sounds like a great idea. just need my damn divorce done
Old 05-07-2021, 04:23 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by obrien
now that sounds like a great idea. just need my damn divorce done
OB,
Hang in there brother, you are doing the right thing w/ your little man. You are coming to Cocoa Beach, correct?
SKater Dean
Old 05-07-2021, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

not sure if I will make it to cocoa or not yet. Im hoping to but have to wait and see
Old 05-17-2021, 04:32 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

OB,
Hope you can make it, I took the 32B out yesterday with my youngest girl to the Melbourne Airshow in the Indian River, (ICW) to watch the Blue Angels. We had a great time, Skater ran great!

bulletbob (05-18-2021), Eddienel (05-17-2021)
Old 05-29-2021, 02:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting thread. There is a modification to the last step that helps porpoise and flattens out running attitude. My porpoise is at 54 mph and is gone at 62 in smooth water and is very minimal. Any slight wind and its non existent. Haing power helps too as it easy to accerate thru that spot in a little over a couple seconds. The other consideration is the rake of the prop. I run less rake like 16 on one set and that helps. My 32B also has smaller tanks than other 32B's so my weight is lees to begin with. I am going to experiment with removing the back seat as it weighs a bunch and putting on my race lid and test. I expect an inmprovement in speed and transom lift. Boat will also look pretty cool as it will be unique! I can use the lid as storage as it has a gas shock to tilt lift . The lid is really light and strong and will be able to walk on it.

Last edited by Snotrekie; 05-29-2021 at 02:10 AM.
Old 05-29-2021, 05:54 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Snotrekie
Interesting thread. There is a modification to the last step that helps porpoise and flattens out running attitude. My porpoise is at 54 mph and is gone at 62 in smooth water and is very minimal. Any slight wind and its non existent. Haing power helps too as it easy to accerate thru that spot in a little over a couple seconds. The other consideration is the rake of the prop. I run less rake like 16 on one set and that helps. My 32B also has smaller tanks than other 32B's so my weight is lees to begin with. I am going to experiment with removing the back seat as it weighs a bunch and putting on my race lid and test. I expect an inmprovement in speed and transom lift. Boat will also look pretty cool as it will be unique! I can use the lid as storage as it has a gas shock to tilt lift . The lid is really light and strong and will be able to walk on it.
S,
Cool data, what mod to the last step are you talking about? Could you please provide some detail and possibly show some pics of the mod, and love to see your 32B. What year is your 32B? We'll be boating all weekend in ours, out yesterday.
Thanks,
Skater Dean

BTW, I see by your profile, that you are reside in "upstate" NY, I grew up and graduated High school in Potsdam, went to college in Geneseo.....

Floating in Newfound Harbor by Bird island

Last edited by Dean Ferry; 05-29-2021 at 05:58 AM.
The following users liked this post:
bulletbob (05-29-2021)
Old 06-07-2021, 01:27 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Teaching our youngest daughter how to drive the Skater!

She's learning! Proud Poppa!
Old 06-12-2021, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 426 Likes on 180 Posts

Might want to keep that pic to yourself. The insurance on our Skater was just with me as the driver until after 2 years I was able to add my 29 year old son, but even then just as a co-driver (meaning I need to be in the boat). I am just betting that your Ins company does not want your young daughter learning how to drive the Skater just yet. Great looking boat! I admired it when it was on LOTO!
Old 06-13-2021, 06:45 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by 36Tango
Might want to keep that pic to yourself. The insurance on our Skater was just with me as the driver until after 2 years I was able to add my 29 year old son, but even then just as a co-driver (meaning I need to be in the boat). I am just betting that your Ins company does not want your young daughter learning how to drive the Skater just yet. Great looking boat! I admired it when it was on LOTO!
Thanks for the advice,
? How did it affect your Skater Ins. when you added your son? Christi has her FWC boater license, and has about 5 yrs of boating experience. She's driven the Talon, Hydrostream, and 388, just the Skater is kinda different beast, as you know.
Thanks,
Skater Dean