28' Skater Video with new Garmin Virb Camera >

28' Skater Video with new Garmin Virb Camera

Notices

28' Skater Video with new Garmin Virb Camera

Old 08-11-2015, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 28' Skater Video with new Garmin Virb Camera

Thought I would post some video taken with the new VIRB from Garmin. I had my son out and was doing some teaching on running around at higher speeds,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQUKKhZDCAM
Old 08-11-2015, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love that technology. Also think it's awesome getting your son REALLY involved in offshore.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ethan, you are my new hero!!!
Old 08-11-2015, 06:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats so cool. Love that Camera. Its nice to see the speed all the time and not having somebody shaking a camera all over trying to get the speedo on frame. Loved how you just cruise along at 80 plus like its nothing. My little checkmate at 80 was a hand full to say the least. Weren't able to sit back and enjoy the speed. I can't wait to be able to do the same. Nice Post.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:36 PM
Registered

Steve you need to get one! We will need lots of video from you running that boat and how those monsters sound!
I will get some pricing together from Garmin and if you want one let me know.
There are tons of gauges available and if you have a garmin marine gps with engine information/interface you can show rpm's and other engine info also.
You will be amazed how you can just run. Biggest key factor though is having a WINDSHIELD!
Old 08-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Steve you need to get one! We will need lots of video from you running that boat and how those monsters sound!
There are tons of gauges available and if you have a garmin marine gps with engine information/interface you can show rpm's and other engine info also.
You will be amazed how you can just run. Biggest key factor though is having a WINDSHIELD!
Like the windshield??

I am down for a Virb.. I've had it with the GO No Pro.. Eats batteries and corrups every other file and of course those are not the ones with no action!

Great video, nice seeing your son driving.. He has to be happy guy
Old 08-13-2015, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 855 Likes on 232 Posts

Nice Ron! Makes my Contour HD video not look so crystal clear........
Old 08-14-2015, 05:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Awesome, great to see the Lifeline jackets on. What a beautiful place to run. The speed on the screen is cool, I can see the transition speeds and lift points. They are a little different than mine, but the boat settles down at the same speed I see. Beautiful Skater..
Old 08-16-2015, 10:11 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Congrats on having your son involved . That's fantastic!! I'll have my 28 back in Miami next month. I would like to get that camera installed. Cool stuff. Also getting the wind out of your face on a 28 Skater is the ticket! Makes a new boat out of it for sure!! Not my brand but looks like it works great and looks good. Great alteritive for sure.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
Congrats on having your son involved . That's fantastic!! I'll have my 28 back in Miami next month. I would like to get that camera installed. Cool stuff. Also getting the wind out of your face on a 28 Skater is the ticket! Makes a new boat out of it for sure!! Not my brand but looks like it works great and looks good. Great alteritive for sure.
Sounds good Jim. Let me know when it is back at TNT and we can discuss some options. I would love to the real wrap around windshield but you guys were not done with it when I did the Aeromarine one I have. I am sure there is a boat customs one in my future somewhere down the road. Hopefully with a bigger a boat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.