Potential Skater 28 flat deck build.

Notices

Potential Skater 28 flat deck build.

Old 12-17-2015, 03:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only know of two with rub rail delete and fill, and "nice pair" is building one now. There may be more. It's a great look.

White "DBRjoe" Blue "Erik"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548988[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]548989[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]548990[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]548991[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Potential Skater 28 flat deck  build.-image.jpg   Potential Skater 28 flat deck  build.-image.jpg   Potential Skater 28 flat deck  build.-image.jpg  

Potential Skater 28 flat deck  build.-image.jpg  
Old 12-17-2015, 03:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flightplan
I only know of two with rub rail delete and fill, and "nice pair" is building one now. There may be more. It's a great look.

White "DBRjoe" Blue "Erik"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548988[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]548989[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]548990[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]548991[/ATTACH]
Thanx Great look, I don't have it on mine now and I'm worried about dinging up Paint job. All my others before this one have had them and that was tough keeping it in good shape. Yikes.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 341 Posts

there's a nice 28 that someone could make into a flat deck w/ windshield I think in OSO classifieds

Last edited by noli; 12-17-2015 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-17-2015, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Nastybug
Hey guys, after seeing how my build turned out I was thinking about what other boats would be interesting and has anybody ever come close to pulling the trigger.
Being an outboard guy I fell to that category quick. I thought It would be a one of a kind to build a Skater 28 foot flat deck and also widen the hull 8, 10, or 12 inches. Beam could be as wide as 9'4". They could put a widened cockpit in it with a dash set up similar to mine. My dash set up might even fit as is. Nice tall thick windscreen. Just imagining it in my head brings an awesome picture to mind. I know it would get a bit pricey and the 28s and 30 outboards are kind of entry level and most people get to a level of money and think why not just step up to the next size or I/Os. I love the 28s and they are fast as hell. Im Talkin about if it was your committed desire to build one badass 28. would be so awesome. Dale's 28 ran 120 with some Dialing in for sure. So if this fairy tale boat ran 115mph it would Totally Groovy Man. Just wishing. Steve.
Nasty, I looked into it before I bought my 28... Really spendy, with no gain in anything from what I could conclude! But COOL!!!!
Old 12-17-2015, 09:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Taboma
Nasty, I looked into it before I bought my 28... Really spendy, with no gain in anything from what I could conclude! But COOL!!!!
I just keep picturing it in my head. Even knowing it would get very pricey it just seems like it would be such a cool build. Like I said in the beginning it would have to be someone who really wanted this particular set up so they wouldn't go into upgrade mode.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:48 PM
Registered

The one in the picture being widened is lightspeeds old boat. Chris from Smart Marine is doing the conversion. I believe that the picture of the boat with triple motors might be it also as it had 3 motors on it in the past also.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:10 AM
Registered

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Taboma
I don't think after the widening of the hull on a 28' Skater it will be much if any faster. We will see and I wish them the best of luck. I thought and still want a twin canopy flat deck 28 that I can cut the lids off of if the price for hull is cheap enough. I was going to buy the Lighthouse 28 but couldn't see having two twin engine cats. A friend has a DW 32 canopy mold which could be retro fit with a removable lid. The twin canopy 28s' are flat decks Steve. Look at the raised center portion on the classic decks vs. the new flat decks.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:01 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Paul Whittier and Joe Black had a true flat deck 28'. It was called Citre Shine and went on to win many Championships including the true world championships in New Zealand. Over the years it changed hands a few times and ended up back in NZ.. Sadly it was recently cut up and destroyed, I was told.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]549005[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Potential Skater 28 flat deck  build.-citreshine.jpg  
Old 12-20-2015, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
Paul Whittier and Joe Black had a true flat deck 28'. It was called Citre Shine and went on to win many Championships including the true world championships in New Zealand. Over the years it changed hands a few times and ended up back in NZ.. Sadly it was recently cut up and destroyed, I was told.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]549005[/ATTACH]

That was one hell of a good boat
Old 12-29-2015, 04:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 393 Likes on 143 Posts

That was my old race boat it was a widened 28 don't remember the spec's but was very fast. Just had to be careful of that center tab!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.