Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
" In The Clear" 40SS Rebuild >

" In The Clear" 40SS Rebuild

Notices

" In The Clear" 40SS Rebuild

Old 02-21-2020, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 83 Posts

Got the main running surface bonded in and bent today. Letting it cure over the weekend before ill release it. Let the epoxy full cure In the full shape.

tabbed in the point so it’ll hold it together.

surprisingly bend incredibly easy for 5 layers of 1700 and triple stacked 2” core.

hull sides up next. Getting as much done before the honey moon next week so I can let it cure up while
im gone 😁

Old 02-24-2020, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 281 Likes on 100 Posts

Impressive thanks for sharing!
Old 02-24-2020, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 107 Posts

Stupid question, I’ve never done much in the way of fiberglass repair, it’s an art for sure.

Would it have been possible to have skater use their mold for that part of the sponson and then just attach that? It could be something that would throw them off for a month or however long and wouldn’t be worth it. I have no idea just curious.
Old 02-24-2020, 09:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tmmii
Stupid question, I’ve never done much in the way of fiberglass repair, it’s an art for sure.

Would it have been possible to have skater use their mold for that part of the sponson and then just attach that? It could be something that would throw them off for a month or however long and wouldn’t be worth it. I have no idea just curious.

not a stupid question at all. my plan was to use a customers 40SS to pull a mold off. which , would have been the easiest. stagger the joint and Core. though, timing by the time I got the 46 out, with other projects lined up, having that 40 in the shop in the winter or even.a couple weeks with NY weather wasn't really an option. Second plan was to re shape and pull a tool off my own boat. build a part, graft it on. That, also was going to take too long. 3rd option was to have skater build me a sponson like you say and I would just graft it on. they are way too busy and weren't really interested in it. though, in a hour long phone call with Peter, he explained the panel build process and explained how it was so much easier, less time consuming, and actually stronger splitting the joints across multiple areas. So thats the option I took. route #4 LOL
Old 02-24-2020, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax
not a stupid question at all. my plan was to use a customers 40SS to pull a mold off. which , would have been the easiest. stagger the joint and Core. though, timing by the time I got the 46 out, with other projects lined up, having that 40 in the shop in the winter or even.a couple weeks with NY weather wasn't really an option. Second plan was to re shape and pull a tool off my own boat. build a part, graft it on. That, also was going to take too long. 3rd option was to have skater build me a sponson like you say and I would just graft it on. they are way too busy and weren't really interested in it. though, in a hour long phone call with Peter, he explained the panel build process and explained how it was so much easier, less time consuming, and actually stronger splitting the joints across multiple areas. So thats the option I took. route #4 LOL
That makes sense. Thank you for answering!
Old 03-09-2020, 10:40 PM
Registered

Panel #4 bagged down. This one is 4 layers 1700 with some light cloth ontop for print through matching. This will be the inner tunnel panel. Should be bonded on tomorrow or Thursday

Main large tunnel face is where this is going. Old pic but shows location.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Nice. whats next to the skater?
Old 03-10-2020, 11:50 AM
Registered

32 Target. (skater copy)

Build thread here 32 Target Build
Old 03-14-2020, 09:03 AM
Registered

Made a deal on some serious whipple motors. Will post pics once they are in the truck and headed home 👍🏻
Old 03-14-2020, 07:16 PM
Registered

Starting to take shape. All the critical panels are locked in and full cured. Waiting on more core for the Hullsides. Getting there ! Should be done with the sponson by end of next week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.