32 With Triple 300s (Setup Question) Target

Notices

32 With Triple 300s (Setup Question) Target

Old 08-04-2021, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 32 With Triple 300s (Setup Question) Target

Hi all,
I hope I don't offend anyone but there is no specific group for a boat like this but I figure a skater is probably the closest match to the bottom.

I bought this 32 Target with triple 300s. The motors are all at the same height, all with the same midsections and the center motor has this plate that shoots water so hard against the outside motors its damaging the cowlings. It creates so much drag the boat can basically only be driven at 70+ comfortably. In my experience, the center motor should be much higher on these boats or the mid should be shorter on the center motor. Between 70-110+ the boat runs great, but I wouldn't mind cruising every now and again. I know these aren't "cruising boats" but the drag this thing causes can damn near give you whip lash.

We have a shorter mid sitting around, so if it's as easy as changing the mid and taking the plate off it's a simple fix. But I would appreciate any advice that you guys may have.
I am planning on putting twin 400s or 450s on this over the winter so I would like to figure something out until then.

I have included some pics for reference.
Old 08-04-2021, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How have I been a member here since 2016 and never made a post?

Would anyone care to post some pics for me?
Old 08-04-2021, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Every triple engine cat that I have seen that was rigged correctly has the center motor mounted higher. I would try the shorter mid secton first and fine tune it from there. You should be able to run it as high as you can still maintain water pressure.