Skater Bucket Seat Frames >

Skater Bucket Seat Frames

Notices

Skater Bucket Seat Frames

Old 08-17-2023, 11:25 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Skater Bucket Seat Frames

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows who made/makes the bucket seat frames for Skater's previous generation bucket seat? I have a Donzi project that I am trying to decide on proceeding with and have always liked the comfort of Skater buckets. I know Appearance Products did the upholstery work, but did they also manufacture the frames? (FWIW, I've attached a example pic of seat I'm asking about.) Thanks...Jason

Old 08-18-2023, 06:24 AM
Registered

Received 803 Likes on 453 Posts

They are made in-house at Skater then covered with the interior work as you mentioned, performed by Grand Rapids Custom Upholstery aka Appearance Products.

From time to time you see Skater seats come up on the swap shop for sale..... or you could reach out to Skater or Appearance

https://www.appearanceproductsinc.net/upholstery

Last edited by speicher lane; 08-18-2023 at 06:27 AM.
Old 08-18-2023, 07:53 AM
Registered

I appreciate the quick reply. I kind of figured it was an in-house fab. When I was at Sonic we had our own shell molds. I know Fineline and PPI have their own shells...though I've heard PPI will not sell bare shells to the public. I always thought Skater seats were really comfortable (followed closely by PPI). I'll keep an eye out in swap or reach out to Skater if I proceed with my project. Thanks!!
Old 08-18-2023, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 803 Likes on 453 Posts

For the cost of a call when the time comes, you might want to reach out to Appearance products as well..... easiest way to make an older skater interior look newer is with new painted seat backs.

Who know if they have take outs sitting in storage or incoming on a upcoming job

Just a thought.
Old 08-20-2023, 04:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by speicher lane
For the cost of a call when the time comes, you might want to reach out to Appearance products as well..... easiest way to make an older skater interior look newer is with new painted seat backs.

Who know if they have take outs sitting in storage or incoming on a upcoming job

Just a thought.
Good Point!! Definitely worth a call, if I proceed. Thanks Again...