Hatch Question On 28 >

Hatch Question On 28

Notices

Hatch Question On 28

Old 03-21-2005, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatch Question On 28

On the 28 that I just bought it has a pad on the rear hatch. It is obvious that before the pad was added there were latches that went through the hatch for securing it. The boat only has 30 hours on it and has never been run in rough water.

My question is does anybody else have a pad like this, and if so how do you secure it when running in rough water like the ocean. I have thought about having the pad modified so that a pin can extend through it and then it can be secured, but I want it to look as clean as possible. You can see the holes where the pins used to go through on the outer edges of the hatch in the pic of it opened. Thanks for the help. Here are some pics...
Attached Thumbnails Hatch Question On 28-dsc00127-small-.jpg   Hatch Question On 28-dsc00122-small-.jpg   Hatch Question On 28-dsc00135-small-.jpg  

Old 03-22-2005, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hatch Question On 28

That is the first 28 I have seen with a pad over the hatch. I have a 28 Skater also and dont notice the hatch moving around a lot. I guess it would depend on how rough it got. How is it attached to the hatch? Is it easy to remove it?
Old 03-22-2005, 08:46 AM
Registered

It's through bolted in six places. What's strange is it looks like the rear seat was built with the pad in mind. With the pad removed it might look strange because the back of the seat would stick above the hatch.

I was thinking about having the pad notched so I could secure it using the factory hardware. That is about the only idea I have come up with short of removing it and having the hatch repaired and dealing with the cosmetic issue of the bacjk seat.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:52 PM
Registered

Re: Hatch Question On 28

Originally Posted by Havasu Cig
It's through bolted in six places. What's strange is it looks like the rear seat was built with the pad in mind. With the pad removed it might look strange because the back of the seat would stick above the hatch.

I was thinking about having the pad notched so I could secure it using the factory hardware. That is about the only idea I have come up with short of removing it and having the hatch repaired and dealing with the cosmetic issue of the bacjk seat.
How come your name is "Havasu Cig"? and you have a Skater? Are you a chain smoker? Or do you own a Cig shop in havasu? If so I have some friends that smoke a lot when they drink, maybe you could hook them up on a discount in Havasu.

Oh and what is a bacjk seat?

Andy
Old 03-23-2005, 11:19 AM
Registered

Your a funny guy Andy...

I should change my name though, it does confuse some people.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:15 PM
Registered

Your a funny guy Andy...

I should change my name though, it does confuse some people.
Just fock'n with ya Chris. Why don't you make that run this Saturday? I know your better half has to work right? Well tell her to rework her Saturday!

Andy
Old 03-23-2005, 05:08 PM
Registered

I want to take care of this hatch issue before I run it in the ocean. I talked to Peter on the phone yesterday and he is going to fabricate something. He also agreed that I should not run it in the ocean with out having it secured. The boat has only been run at Parker / Havasu, so it really has not seen any rough water yet.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:14 PM
Registered

I want to take care of this hatch issue before I run it in the ocean. I talked to Peter on the phone yesterday and he is going to fabricate something. He also agreed that I should not run it in the ocean with out having it secured. The boat has only been run at Parker / Havasu, so it really has not seen any rough water yet.
Sounds good, when is he going to have the fix to you? Before your Havi trip?

Andy
Old 03-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Registered

No I don't think it will be that soon. I don't think Havasu will be a problem. The pad actually adds some weight so lake running should be ok. I am afraid of airing the boat out in the ocean and having the hatch come up and get some air under it. I think that might be a bad thing.

I am seriously thinking about getting a race hatch as well. It's usually just the two of us in the boat and it should be worth a few more mph.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:30 PM
Registered

I am seriously thinking about getting a race hatch as well. It's usually just the two of us in the boat and it should be worth a few more mph.
I am considering the samething.

Andy

Quick Reply: Hatch Question On 28

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.