Deleted posts >

Deleted posts

Notices

Deleted posts

Old 11-16-2005, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deleted posts

I am just wondering why are all gofastgeorge's posts being deleted?

We all know he used to use a different name. We all know he has some kind of ax to grind.

However, facts are facts and like it or not many of his facts are correct and verifiable. His opinions are one sided but isn't that why they are called opinions?

I think any kind of name calling on here is uncalled for and immature. But I'm an adult and can make up my own mind about someone. I guess I'm just not much for the censoring of posts.

Before anyone asks or assumes, I do not know who he is or have any relationship or contact with him. This is stricktly MY opinion.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:38 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,249 Likes on 542 Posts
Default Re: Deleted posts

I'll apologize to the forum for a word I used, but I am not going to delete it. If this section's moderator sees it fit to remove my post(s), I will truly see take it as on honor to be muffled.

More than anything, I would just like to know the whole story. So spill it; gofastgeorge; perhaps even in a capitialized, punctuated, adult manner of conversation.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz

More than anything, I would just like to know the whole story. So spill it; gofastgeorge; perhaps even in a capitialized, punctuated, adult manner of conversation.

I couldn't agree with you more. I don't understand his sarcastic tone and all the cloak and dagger crap and inuendo's. Just state the fact's dude. Or explain why you can't.

For example for those who don't know me I am in the boats business and have been so for most of my adult life. I make it a point not to throw daggers. Not because I don't have legitmate daggers to throw but because it's in my own interest. At least I'm honest as to why I won't run my mouth about boat builders, motor builders, dealers, brokers, repair shops, etc. It's my opinion it's unprofessional and reflects badly on my business.

I hope I'm not rambling, it's getting late.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sold my condo in MI and a great 28' Checkmate with the idea of getting into a larger offshore boat . I wanted a Apache in the worst way but couldn't find one without some question about its past and the fights the Apache folks were always in turned me off. I finally decided to move on and started looking at different boats. Everything that I herd about Sonics was great....the ride, the speed, the safety, all of it was good. Then I found one that had 575 EFi's and XR drives. Again, I was told that all was wonderful with the package. So I paid a lot of money, to me, for a boat that turned out to be much less than perfect. The hull developed some stress cracks, the motors blew up. I made the mistake of letting a real putz work on the motors that cost me a season of boating. The drives have broken numerous times. The lowest was when I took the boat in to have the hull repaired, the guy told me to contact Sonic because they would fix it for free. Well, after some heated e-mails they said they would fix it at there cost if I brought the boat to Florida. Like an idiot I drug the boat from Chicago to Florida to let Sonic do a half assed job of repairing the stress cracks. It would have been cheaper to have the work done at home.

I came real close to saying the hell with it and selling my Sonic many times but when I go to look at other boats they have issues too. So I decided to make my boat the best it could be in spite of it. I had the motors rebuilt and they are great now. The drives are new and I just had the hull repaired. All the work was done by very good reputable people. I have a lot of pride in my boat in the way it looks and preforms.

I sorry that you, me and some other people that own Sonics or worked for them have gotten screwed but every time someone tries to say something positive about the boats your there to throw **** on it. Thanks for trying to protect us but I for one don't need or want it. The new owners of Sonic deserve a chance to make a go of it without your crap.

Why don't you get a real job and make a go of it yourself?

And I don't work for Sonic.....
Old 11-19-2005, 07:23 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

The posts were deleted at the request of members and the recommendation of OSO. I for one wouldn't mind a little inside info on the forum. IF done in a positive manner. Attacking everyone getting good treatment only pisses people off.
A Salt Weapon just dropped 100K for a 26 and has been promised the boat next month. He doesn't deserve you (or any one else) jumping all over him and ruining it for him. We will know soon enough how his delivery goes.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:08 PM
Registered

Roger,

I agree with you 100%. With my Sonic a 2001 358 I have accepted all the imperfections with the boat and I'm trying to make it the best boat I've ever owned. I thought about upgrading to a 38 or 42 didn't really care what brand, but when I started to look I thought too myself what the HELL am I doing.

The price's were OUTRAGOUS and for what to pick-up another problem and start all over NO THANKS! So I decided to stay with my 358 for another couple of years use it till it breaks and fix it or sell it in a couple of years before it breaks.

Took my money and bought me a little GO FAST 78 Mustang. Something too play with in the winter time and in the summer when the weather may not be suitable for boating.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:29 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

He didn't say he paid 100K. I thought he had a 525 boat and figured with paint and trailer etc. he would have paid that. My bad.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=gofastgeorge]While on the subject how is that 386 with the 1075s

This is definitely my dream boat. Can't wait to see it.

OK george, your turn. Show us what an ass you can be.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks for the tip.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:40 PM
Registered

There have apparently been some nasty rumors that I am gofast george and a few other screen names. I am here to tell you all that it is NOT me. Havent been on here in months. Those of you who know will remeber me. Hello and good to be back , Brian Koch former Sonic sales and customer service.