First Impressions... 2006 Miami Show

Notices

First Impressions... 2006 Miami Show

Old 02-17-2006, 08:38 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Impressions... 2006 Miami Show

OK... well I have been raised with the notion that if you cannot say anything nice, don't say anything at all !

And, I also believe that first impressions are lasting ones. With this said, I stopped by on Thursday to see how Sonic was being represented and I cannot believe it...

One Sonic, a 42, and being intimately familiar with Sonics, I started to take a closer look. Well, the first thing I noticed was the dash cooler was not cut out, next NONE of the gauges or controls were wired, no AC, and no Genset. It was obvious that it was put together to get into the show.

My thought as I walked away was that if they cannot produce a completed model for presentation to the public, how can they expect potential customers to step up to the plate?
Old 02-19-2006, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Re: First Impressions... 2006 Miami Show

I have been a fan of sonic for many years. After looking at the new ones at the show I was disapointed in the fit and finish. I think they have a long way to come to get back to where they were.....
Old 02-20-2006, 02:26 PM
Registered

From what I understand they only got the boat back from the new paint contractor two weeks prior to the show. If they can do that in only two weeks then I'm even more confident about my delivery date. Beats the hell out of some other company's, trust me, I've been there.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,260 Likes on 550 Posts

INXS Motorsports painted the boat. INXS is owned by the Pay Haughey whom also owns Active Thunder. INXS has begun doing specialty paint in South Florida on everything from boats to cars to whatever you can bring them. The boat was presented nice, but the interior kind of reminded me of the old Gucci edition Aronow that was built years ago. I think that boat still sits somewhere for sale. The Sonic was put together quickly, and no, it was not ready for the water. There will be quite a few things done to the boat to finish it, from touch ups to rigging. There were logistical delays and time constraints, and you have to the boats in the building quite far ahead of time before the show, depending on your location relative to the door. From what I understand, they were still working on the boat, once inside the convention center, but that is also VERY common. I spoke with a few people in the Sonic booth, and everyone is friendly, with what appears to be a dedication to bringing Sonic back to a major player in this industry. The former 'Mares' cat was also presented well. I think that hull has a LOT of potential if CSI can marry the Sonic's traditional abundant cabin amenities to the cat hull in the near future. I wish them well.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 02-22-2006 at 02:33 AM.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Registered

I think Sonic deserves credit for trying to have a boat ready to show. Remember the hole the past owners left for CSI to climb out of. I see where they are trying to go and with some time I believe they will be on top again. I saw several other boats there with no wiring or rigging so don't pick on Sonic. I like the new dash. Yes, colors weren't my choice but you can order what colors you want. I priced what Sonic was offering for 400k and what I could buy for the same amount from the other manufactures and got laughed at. Try double the amount for a 42 thats comparably rigged.
Thank's to Johnathan, Lenny and Bobbie for taking the time to talk to us. Thanks for the VIP pass's for the show also. But of the three Sonic reps there I have to say Bobbie was the best looking

Thanks again
Capt Bill & Rhonda
Attached Thumbnails First Impressions... 2006 Miami Show-miami-boat-show-2006-001.jpg  

Last edited by captwk; 02-21-2006 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Well said!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 03:03 PM
Registered

Has anyone seen the ad in Power Boat Mag it looks like they are making a Cat
Old 02-23-2006, 05:41 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,260 Likes on 550 Posts

Mares Cat (existing, but quiet boat company) bought Sonic. The new company is CSI Marine, but will keep the Sonic name and (new) logo going forward.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:00 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Too Kind.. Too Kind... Too Kind !

I guess I wrongly assumed that those of us who stopped by on the first day (Thursday) were somewhat serious, and yet everyone is making excuses why a presenter in a show could not adequately present their product. Additionally, whoever said the cat presented well certainly did not climb in. The forward berth smelled as if it either was submerged or it was left nose down on the trailer during a rain storm.

Keep tossing those kind word folks !
Old 02-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think Sonic tried to get it right for the show. I talked with Lenny and he readily admitted they ran out of time to get the boat ready. I can't speak to the logistical problems they may have run into, but Sydwayz has it right. In talking with the folks in the booth, my impression was that they know they have to do alot to get customer confidence and satisfaction back and I believe they are committed to doing so. A couple of pics of the 42 are attached. Sorry I couldn't get some better shots.

Quick Reply: First Impressions... 2006 Miami Show

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.