sonic pump out head ?

Notices

sonic pump out head ?

Old 03-21-2007, 11:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sonic pump out head ?

what brand pump out head does sonic use ? I have one in my 02 31 sonic and was wondering where I can get a part for it .
Old 03-22-2007, 07:00 AM
Registered

It's a Crownhead ll made by Raritan Engineering Corp. out of Millville,NJ...they have a southern office in Ft.Lauderdale... #in NJ-(609)825-4900 and Ft.Laud.-(954)525-0378...let me know what part u need and I'll give u the part #...this is assuming u have the same as mine of course,but u should. Mike
Old 03-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

I have a head question - posted to Sonic but no one answered - heard that is the norm through....

I have a pump out port-potty head. How can I upgade this to something that's beter aka - one that acutally works. My biggest challenge would by the location and installation of the holding tank.

Any ideas?
Old 03-22-2007, 01:27 PM
Registered

I'm wondering myself I have a porta and would like to put in a pump-out but were to put a tank? Or if someone has a 26 with a pump-out Pic's of locations would be great.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Have a 2003 31 and it has a Jabsco Mod. 37010 Series
I have some info on that unit if you would like me to send it to you....
Bob
Old 03-22-2007, 06:06 PM
Registered

I did a complete install of electric head and pump out tank in a 31ss. Would be more than happy to help with questions.

Be sure to get a head that has the anti siphon valve which is needed to for hooking up to fresh water system. Or just get a head you like and add on the anti siphon. The head I got had a small and larger version... I went with the small and if I had to do it over again, I'd go with the larger.

If you have the pump out tank installed in the boat already, your in good luck. If you have to retrofit a tank, you can get them from sonic, it's a 15 gallon if I remember correctly. Installing the head is easy. Retrofitting a holding tank is a pain in the AZZ!!! I'm told after a certain year model, the holding tanks were put in all of them. My buddy doesn't have a pump out, but the holding tank is in the boat....

Also, I put down a 1 piece of blue Lonseel rubber matting before I put the new head in. Dressed the area up really nice. Wasn't cheap for a small little section of that stuff!!!!

Wish they move the forward bulkhead of the head compartment up about 6". Would make a world of difference!

Last edited by East Coast B; 03-22-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you ECB glad to see your project is turning out all right for you. Could not have added a whole lot to your answer.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

ECB, can you tell me where the holding tank is located and how much it cost you upgrade to an electric pump out head?
Old 01-27-2009, 05:28 AM
Registered

The holding tank is located in the rear of the storage compartment which is located right under the driver seat. If you open that compartment and look aft you should see the holding tank. I've seen one that had the holding tank and all the hoses plumbed, just didn't have a pump out fitting or toilet. If you have the tank, mounting the toilet and pump out fitting is easy. I also had to install an air outlet which I put right in front of the two gas air outlets and used the same matching fitting, believe they were flush air vents.

The toilets are like 500-700. I got the one that had the electric button that you mount away from the toilet rather than an arm attached to the toilet, much nicer cleaner looking unit.

Electric toilet with pump out is the only way to go....

If you don't have a place to pump out, you can also buy one of those shaker siphon hoses to empty, very simple, you can find them at boat shows. Be sure to use the blue stuff in the holding tank... I've been surprised at finding so many people that didn't realized you can eliminate the odor issue with buying cheap blue additive.... they referred to it as swamp gas!!!!

Good luck!
Old 01-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Registered

Make sure to install a charcoal filter in the vent line, otherwise, you can get some really rough whisps of air when your floating.
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...9&classNum=699

Quick Reply: sonic pump out head ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.