filler cushion for couch >

filler cushion for couch

Notices

filler cushion for couch

Old 06-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default filler cushion for couch

i have a 97 35ss and saw a filler cushion between someones couch this weekend making into a bed in the same boat does anyone know where i can get one of these please!!!!
Old 06-28-2007, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you need to fabricate it yourself. I did mine a couple years ago in my 35.

I used 2 pieces of 1" x 1" square plastic for the rails that the filler sits on. I predrilled it every 6", and screwed it to the fiberglass seat bases. Then i used cardboard and laid it on there to get a template. Then made the temple out of 1/2" marine plywood. I made it in 2 pieces so it wouldn't be so long (for storage purposes). I then wrapped the plywood in vinyl. The plywood sits on the plastic rails, and then i made 2 cushions that fill the area.

I store the plywood underneath the vberth cushion, and the cushions just lay in the vberth.

I dont have pictures, but will try to get some.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Registered

thanks for the ideas i guess no one makes these already huh? just dont have a lot of time on my hands every free minute i try to be on the water guess ill have to skip a weekend
Old 06-29-2007, 09:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toggle throttle
thanks for the ideas i guess no one makes these already huh? just dont have a lot of time on my hands every free minute i try to be on the water guess ill have to skip a weekend
Not sure if it came from sonic but when I bough my 04 358 it cam e with the filler cushion (2 pieces), one sheet of plywood (which fits under v-berth cushion) and two support bars that connect front and rear to the side couches. May be worth calling Sonic or a dealer to find out. If you are in the MD area Offshore Performance is very good to deal with and are very knowledgeable. www.offshore-performance.com

Smitty
Old 06-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Registered

35SS is somewhat different in the setee area...HP2000's suggestion is probably the best way to go. I personally would use a Starboard type material for the filler boards, and save time from the vinyl-covered plywood process. The cross-bar/socket setup in the 358/386 is probably a little easier to store, though. That'll require a little more fabrication to adapt it to the SS.