Thinking about a 26 >

Thinking about a 26

Notices

Thinking about a 26

Old 07-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03 SONIC
Just listed my 26 the other day. Super clean and low hours. Stepping up to a bigger boat so must sell asap. I will make a hell of a deal to someone. For more pics or info e-mail me at [email protected].

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o17590-en.html
That is a gorgeous boat, and the price is right about where I'm looking. I do need to get rid of mine though. I'll trade you a really clean 2000 crownline that will run 64 on the gps.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Registered

Has anyone ever tried pulling anything behind one? Is there even a tow hook in the back?
Old 07-27-2007, 01:23 PM
Registered

If you boat camp at all, the 26 Sonic has a bigger(wider) V berth than the 28 AT(narrow). The wife and I sleep quite comfy up there and I am 6'2" to boot. Both sweet boats for sure though! The only thing I personally do not like about the AT is the headroom lost due to them making the middle of the headliner dip instead of go up like the Sonics do. I do love all the freeboard you get in the AT.. Your in there! Sit on the sunpad and your feet dangle above the back seat! Huge!

Both great rough water boats, but for a 26 foot boat, nothing in its class comes close to the Sonic with all the Cuddy space and storage. You do lose a bit in the cockpit as it is all gained in the Cuddy. Come on, a 26 with 2 sinks, 20 gls of pressurized water, a shower and crapper in it's own head, along with the 7" walk around that is worth its weight in gold. Sweet ride for the $$$.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have a brand new '07 31 in-stock w/496HO's, full steering, silent choice, K-planes, GPS speedo, new Fine-Line style cockpit etc; that I'll make a "post-depreciated" deal on.
Hugh
Old 07-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Registered

Hugh,
What kind of deal can a life-long customer get with trading his Donzi in on this Sonic? Let me know, please.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 26sonicmotion
If you boat camp at all, the 26 Sonic has a bigger(wider) V berth than the 28 AT(narrow). The wife and I sleep quite comfy up there and I am 6'2" to boot. Both sweet boats for sure though! The only thing I personally do not like about the AT is the headroom lost due to them making the middle of the headliner dip instead of go up like the Sonics do. I do love all the freeboard you get in the AT.. Your in there! Sit on the sunpad and your feet dangle above the back seat! Huge!

Both great rough water boats, but for a 26 foot boat, nothing in its class comes close to the Sonic with all the Cuddy space and storage. You do lose a bit in the cockpit as it is all gained in the Cuddy. Come on, a 26 with 2 sinks, 20 gls of pressurized water, a shower and crapper in it's own head, along with the 7" walk around that is worth its weight in gold. Sweet ride for the $$$.

So how much headroom and storage we talking about? I'm about your same height, so you took care of that question for me.

Still waiting to hear if anyone has tried to pull anything with one.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Registered

I have the exact same list as you and im leaning more toward the sonic because of the cabin. The more i look at them the more i like it and so does my other half. She insist on a head and refer and is trying to demand A/C but that aint gonna happen.
Good luck in your search.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:03 AM
Registered

The AC was something i really wanted to get too, it get's really hot here. Has anyone here tried running their AC on battery power alone? I ran through the numbers, and a few good deep cycles should be able to run one for hours.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by squick
The AC was something i really wanted to get too, it get's really hot here. Has anyone here tried running their AC on battery power alone? I ran through the numbers, and a few good deep cycles should be able to run one for hours.
I remember a thread about someone using golf cart batts to run the AC.

I was just reading your thread in the AT section. Have you thought about the Tantrum that was posted?
Old 07-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Registered

Default 26 sonic

have a super nice 02 26 on oso 4 sale make an offer.

Quick Reply: Thinking about a 26

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.