Thinking about a 26 >

Thinking about a 26

Notices

Thinking about a 26

Old 07-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about a 26

I really think I'm ready to upsize a bit this year, and I've got it narrowed down to a couple of options. I think the only two real candidates are a Sonic 26 or the AT28. Both true V's, good sized cabin, enclosed heads, single engine. Looking for the Sonic folk's input on the 26. I do all my boating on inland lakes, and I want to be able to overnight from time to time.

Lake Travis can get pretty snotty, and I want to know how well the Prowler handles the washing machine.

The Sonic has the molded swim platform. Is that included in the 26' length? So am I really comparing a 25 foot boat to a 28 footer?

What do you all think of the cabin space and cockpit space?

I've got two little boys that are getting to love water sports. The boat I have now is by no means a ski boat, but I can pull a tube or a wakeboard. Anyone tried with the 26?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks fellas.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

sq...
i looked at both a while back, either one will do very well by you..with 2 kids of my own, (and a slightly naggy wife)...I'm thinking the 28 savage would have been much more family friendly than the rumrunner, but I really like sutphens....I would think that going with the biggest you can afford (reasonably) is a winner...
good luck..
c
btw..i'm looking at 31 sonics w/ twins..i think that'll be a nice step forward..
Old 07-27-2007, 05:52 AM
Registered

The 26 sonic is awesome in rough stuff as I'm sure the 28 AT would be. I don't think you can go wrong with either boat. They are both of equal quality build. Get onboard both and get a feel for yourself, it basically comes down to your personal preference. Price will also be a factor as I'm sure the AT 28 will run a bit more $. Good luck!
Old 07-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, squick!
I have an '08 260 hull in production right now, that can be finished in any way you'd like....power, colors, custom stuff etc. Wouldn't take long at all! Drop me a PM or give me a call @ 410-827-0200
Hugh
Old 07-27-2007, 08:54 AM
Registered

I had a 26 Prowler with a 496 Ho and it was a great boat. Never any trouble and it handled the ruff bay and ocean just fine. Loved it so much we moved up to a 31 which could be one of the best boats Sonic has built. good luck in what ever you decide.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by hpoffshore
Hey, squick!
I have an '08 260 hull in production right now, that can be finished in any way you'd like....power, colors, custom stuff etc. Wouldn't take long at all! Drop me a PM or give me a call @ 410-827-0200
Hugh
Hugh,What happen to the nice 1998 w/525sc 26'.......That's a sweet ride.....
Old 07-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It IS a sweet ride...I've had alot of interest in it, as well as one low-ball offer...no dice : )
Been boating?
Old 07-27-2007, 11:02 AM
Registered

Thanks for the input guys, the Sonics are beautiful boats. I was actually thinking about the 31 (love that boat); but when I really started thinking about how I boat, it didn't make sense. The only two drawbacks to going to something like the Sonic or AT will be cockpit space and watersports. When I have my boys with me, all they want to do is go fast or get pulled on something. On weekends I don't have my kids, all daddy wants to do is go fast or sit in the cove. The boat I have now has a ton of cockpit space and I can pack a lot of folks in there.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Registered

Just listed my 26 the other day. Super clean and low hours. Stepping up to a bigger boat so must sell asap. I will make a hell of a deal to someone. For more pics or info e-mail me at [email protected].

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o17590-en.html
Old 07-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hpoffshore
Hey, squick!
Hugh
To be honest, I never really considered a brand new boat. I always figured that I would let someone else eat the big part of the depreciation. I'm probably looking at something in the 02-04 range. But at the same time, I never priced out a new one either.

Quick Reply: Thinking about a 26

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.