42ft genset installation >

42ft genset installation

Notices

42ft genset installation

Old 11-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 42ft genset installation

I just ordered a new Westerbeke genset and plan to install it myself. I found the wiring harness provided from the factory close to the mounting location so those connections should be straightforward. But, I have a couple questions for anyone who's done this and/or know a bit about it:

Fuel - do you just tap off one of the tank lines at the valves under the rear seat?

Battery - do you install a seperate one for the genset or just pull power from one of the existing two?

Anyone have a fresh water flush system that does the A/C as well? - any ideas on how to do this properly?

and last... anyone have any pictures of a 42 with one installed? a picture always worth a thousand words...

Thanks all... Tony

Last edited by tgracer; 11-15-2007 at 10:43 AM. Reason: removing email address
Old 11-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Registered

Hey Tony,

The wiring harness on on the port side might be set up for a Kohler genset, I know they were in 99 so you might want to check that first to see what adapteryou might need. As far as the battery run a separate battery for the gen, do not connect it to anything so if you kill the batteries you can start the gen and turn on the battery charger and start the engines. Finally on your fuel tank there should be a place where you can put a fitting in and tap off of that straight to the generator...Just make sure you put a vent loop and fuel water seperator in the line...Good luck

Jimi
Old 11-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Registered

whats going on Jimi. We never made it up there this year it was on thing after another. Give me a call I have a question and you might be able to help man.

Terry
434 531 8169
Old 11-08-2007, 07:14 AM
Registered

Thanks for the help Jimi. Any advice on setting up a flushing system? Or, is it really not needed?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Registered

Hey tgracer,

The best way to flush the a/c is put a adapter on a small pump and push in in the discharge hole and pump it backwards through the system and open the seacock until you see the water run out...This is the way also to winterize the system....The other way is to put a T-fitting in the line just after the seacock and attatch a hose and close the seacock and turn on the a/c unit....