Cabin Light Replacement

Notices

Cabin Light Replacement

Old 01-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cabin Light Replacement

Looking to replace the cabin lights. What's the word out there from others who have done this. Any suggestions for custom PVC plates for covering up the old holes and mounting new LED or halogen lights?
Old 01-11-2008, 04:46 AM
Registered

I was thinking of doing this too.........if you do it please take some before and after pics.... I was going to order the newer style from Sonic..... I do hate the small ones that are there now........keep us posted......................................John
Old 01-11-2008, 05:50 AM
Registered

One nice thing about the double light fixtures is that you can run one color bulb on one side and a regular bulb on the other. Love at night around docks having everything lit up on blue, but when overnighting it's nice having the option of flicking on the other side for regular lighting..... Best of both worlds... You have a lot of options, just wanted to make point it's nice to have ability of both types of lighting.

I also added color lighting just under the passenger and driver seats for a nice touch which is connected to one of the rockers on the drivers dash. The lights tuck up right under where the seats attach to the bulkhead.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:41 AM
Registered

I actually have blue tube ligthing (it looks to be flourescent) hidden behind all lounges in cabin and also in the engine compartment (real cool effect)....It is on its own rocker switch and at night it does looks real cool.......to bad I don't do to much night boating......sorry for hijacking 358Player....
Old 02-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I have blue tube lighting in the 386 engine compartment of my 386 as well. It really is cool particularly with the blue 525's. Only problem is the red westerbeke genset. Blue ones were out of stock when I put it in. Looks like a paint project!!