26 Prowler

Old 05-11-2002, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"...friends 24 Outlaw" You must be talking about Matt "The Beast"
Old 05-11-2002, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, I think you and I both know we should just leave it at "Matt", I dont know why he put that on there. Might as well call it dads beast, since he paid for it, shhhhh, i didnt say that, ha.
Old 05-11-2002, 10:08 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,249 Likes on 542 Posts

Here is the ticket for a 26' Prowler with all bells:

Get a new one, (vacuum bagged hull (much lighter)), with the HP500EFI and strap a Whipple to it, OR just order one with a 575SC Merc, which Sonic will build for you. Go for K-planes too, although mine does great with the Bennets.

------

Monetarily, now I am ready to do some tweaking. The 26" prop will be the first test, along with a few others, maybe a new lower. I may even venture into the AS&M kit to make the 500 into almost an HP525EFI; however, I have a 5 year warranty that expires in 2004, so I do not want to hose that. I know my boat will not be fast-fast. It is just too damn heavy, but I could not love it more; for everything it is.
Old 05-12-2002, 09:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey john whats up with the Knobby bobby thing? I will remember that next time you need something from me. lol So whats the deal with the 29 whats the price i know somebody might be looking. Did you go out yesterday? Hey i gotta run i have to head to boaters for a couple of hours. And mark what did you think of those pics i emailed you from hugh?
Old 05-12-2002, 10:36 AM
Registered

Bobby,

By the time Winter rolled around, I would sell my boat for around $97. Any less, and I would be better off just hanging on to it. $97 seems steep but remember, mine has twin HO's and I had to order it from the factory that way in order to get them. You can forget about finding one on a dealer lot with HO's. Twin HO's are an extra $10,000 and it was well worth it. I couldn't imagine having regular 496's.

Who do you know that might be interested in my boat? Hook them up with me and we'll go for a ride.

Nope - no boating this weekend. I am on-call for work.

As far as Knobby Bobby - that's what Mrs Outlaw started calling you. She has a nickname for everybody.
Old 05-13-2002, 06:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 26 Sonic with infused hull, 500EFI and the ITS system should run a very strong 75. Have one coming in early June will post the results. The key is the ITS (Integrated Transom System) the setback with the integrated hydraulic system looks to be a big hitter on the 26 hull.
Old 05-17-2002, 10:01 AM
Registered

Compare the two photos below:

http://offshoreonly.com/cgi-bin/gall...x.pl?photo=448
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/7/1877757.htm

The 26 in the boat trader appears to be on a trailer with the wheels far too forward with the entire weight of the engine hanging behind the wheels. Syd’s trailer appears to have the wheels set much further back so that much of the engine weight is supported by the wheels the way it should be. Unfortunately, almost all 26’s that I’ve seen on trailers, are set up like the one in Boat Trader. Is this the correct trailer setup for a 26. It looks very lopsided from a weight standpoint. Did Syd luck out and get a correct setup? Syd’s certainly looks better.
Old 05-19-2002, 11:46 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

My trailer was set up very poorly when I bought the boat. We spent the better part of a weekend re-doing everything, as the back of the boat was overhanging the bunks, and there was no forward bunk support. We replaced my main bunks with longer and thicker, pressure treated (special order) pieces, added a cross member, and added front cradle supports, (longer than the second picture). I will post pics when I can. I can tell you for a fact that the second picture is set up wrong! I do not remember what the tongue weight was specifically before and after my re-rig of the trailer, but the entire set-up is 100% better since we completed it. It sits on the trailer better, lines up 99% straight, 99% of the time, and tows much better. Believe it or not, my entire boat, trailer, and a pretty full tank of fuel, weighed 7080 pounds when I took it too the local scales. No joke!

PS. The Rocket trailer I have, floated BAD when I bought it. I added 200# to it when I bought it to keep it on the bottom of the ramp when loading. After the re-rig, I dropped that down to 100#, but I may can get away without it.
Old 05-20-2002, 03:00 PM
Registered

Wow - I hope the selling dealer assisted you with all those trailer mods. I know that I would not sign the papers if someone tried to sell me a 26 set up like the one in Boat Trader.

What did you use to add weight to your trailer. I have a Rocket triple axle trailer and it doesn't even come close to floating. It sinks like lead. Someone on this board had an issue with a floating aluminum trailer. He took pvc pipe, filled it with sand, and capped the ends. Then he fastened it to the trailer with cable ties. That seems like a great idea rather than adding weight with metal plates. No issues with dissimilar metals, galvanic corrosion, etc.
Old 05-20-2002, 04:59 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Well, I did not know squat from squat when I bought the boat. I have learned a lot the hard way, some from OSO, and the rest from the best wingman a guy could have, CheckmateF1. The selling dealer did nothing to help me with the mods. The boat was lift kept for most of its life, and no one cared about the trailer. I have since changed all that.

I added weight by buying 50lb cast iron dumbells from Sports Authority. I coated them with 6 coats of Rustoleum, then u-bolted them to the inside of the i-beams of the trailer, with SS hardware. I used an old mudflap cut into pieces to isolate the metals from one another, and alleviate any vibrations. I read about the tie-wrapped PVC pipes to the trailer, but that just sounds like nice guided PVC torpedos going down the freeway when a tie-wrap lets go. I like my idea much better, and it looks nice too, aside from also being hidden.

If its worth doing, its worth doing right.

Quick Reply: 26 Prowler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.