26 Prowler

Notices

26 Prowler

Old 05-10-2002, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 26 Prowler

26 Prowler with HP500efi - How fast?

No BS please. Just real numbers. Speedo and GPS. I know for a fact that a 26 Prowler with a 502 or 496HO will never see much over 68mph.
Old 05-10-2002, 09:47 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove a prowler with a 500 that did 74 on gaffrig speedo.
Old 05-11-2002, 01:57 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,249 Likes on 542 Posts

I have a loaded 99 with the HP500EFI. I have not finished dialing it in yet. I may have some numbers on Monday, with the labbed 24 B1. I am right on the rev limiter though, and about to try a 26 B1 too, as soon as I get one.
Old 05-11-2002, 10:37 AM
Registered

Hey John, you arnt thinking of getting rid of that new baja are you? (If you are, let me know, ha)
Old 05-11-2002, 01:22 PM
Registered

Well Mark,

A side of me wants to go back into the single engine world. The main reason is the fact that my parents live in a $1,000,000 waterfront home on Deep Creek Lake (DCL). The size limit for v-hull boats on DCL is 26’. During previous summers I used to go out there on 3 separate occasions for a week each time and would of coarse bring my boat. Since I’ve owned my current boat, I haven’t been out there at all. There’s not much motivation to go if I can’t bring a boat. My Dad would let me use his boat but it’s a 19’ bow rider – need I say more? Some of my best boating experiences have been out at DCL and I really miss it.

Another reason for going back to a single is my obsession with keeping my boat looking like it’s never been in the water. Next time you see my boat, take a good look at the transom and imagine having to clean it. It’s a jungle gym of K-Planes, trim hoses, steering rams, stainless, etc, etc. I keep it snow-white and spot-free but it’s not an easy task. Then there’s the engine room. To get a twin-engine boat with an engine room big enough to get inside and clean, you need something 36 or over and that’s out of my range for the foreseeable future. The engine room of my old 24 was sanitary because I could get inside and clean it down. My current engine room is as clean as it can possibly get, but just not clean enough for me.

So, if I went back to the single engine world, a 26 Sonic would be a great choice. First there’s the 26’ limit at DCL so the Sonic would get me right there. Also – you can get more “stuff” on a 26 Sonic than any other 26-and-under offering and since money wouldn’t be an object, I could get it with all the “stuff”. I could live with losing speed since 75mph in a 26 feels like 80mph in a 29 but it would still be tough losing size. A 26 could punish anything that DCL could throw at it but out here where we live, there’s no substitute for size.

Then there’s the side of me that says “screw DCL - go bigger!!!” Regardless of what I decide, I’m quite happy where I’m at for this summer and will not do anything until winter.
Old 05-11-2002, 04:34 PM
Registered

Hey Sydwayz,

Seems like you are definitely cheating yourself by running a 24” 4 blade. In March of 1998, Hot Boat Magazine tested a 26 Prowler with only a 502. They were using a 24” 4 blade and got it to turn 5000rpm for 68.8mph on radar.

Hey Mark,

Do you know the guy with the new 26 that was parked overnight at the Tiki Bar last night? Purple and black graphics.
Old 05-11-2002, 04:57 PM
Registered

Hey 29, Steve Collins has a 26 with those colors, but it is a 1999. He is good friends with Pat and Troy. He got it half way trough last year. You saw us from the Boardwalk last year while we were going to Solomons Pier. It has a naturally aspired Pat Reider 502.
Old 05-11-2002, 05:01 PM
Registered

And with your money you can keep what you have and get a 26 Sonic, ha. But honestly Steve paid, well, quite a bit less than 50K for his 99 502 with like 70 hours and a trailer. You could find one a little cheaper and keep it up there.

How does Mrs. Baja like her new profession.
Old 05-11-2002, 05:39 PM
Registered

No Mark – I’m pretty sure I know Steve’s boat and this was not his. Isn’t Steve the guy who was hanging out with Pat, Troy, and Knobby-Bobby on opening night? This was a 26 I had never seen before.
Old 05-11-2002, 07:13 PM
Registered

Hummmmmmmm, I dont know then. I guess maybe someone stepped up from bowrider to performance boat. Figures I am boatless for a short while and I am out of the loop. I am prob heading over there tonight in my friends 24Outlaw.

Quick Reply: 26 Prowler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.